- Be part of our “Life.Changing.” purpose
- Suitably rewarded with an attractive Salary Packaging options
- Be a part of Windana’s first partnership and integration with the Mental Health Sector
Welcome to Windana Drug and Alcohol Recovery, where our mission is to help people rebuild their lives.
For almost 40 years now, Windana has been a leading Victorian-based Drug & Alcohol Treatment organization. Our moto is “Life. Changing.” and for nearly 40 years now, we are doing just that; fullstop!
Our teams have been assisting people rebuild their lives in a safe, caring environment, wherever they are in their recovery journey, and we now have great opportunities to grow our teams, to grow our reach and to positively impact more lives. For this to occur, we need your support…
We are currently seeking motivated and experienced Care and Recovery Coordinator’s to join our Community Services team to contribute to the development and delivery of high-quality care services to our clients. We have 2 permanent full-time positions available located in Geelong. This is an outreach position and will require someone who enjoys working onsite. This is an exciting opportunity to join Windana as it is our first partnership and integration with the AOD and Mental Health Sector.
A bit about the role
Directly responsible to the Program Coordinator Community Services at Windana, the Care and Recovery Coordinator will collaborate with the multi-disciplinary regional Care Partnership team, inclusive of clinicians from both AOD and mental health sectors.
The Outreach Care and Recovery coordinator role utilizes the full suite of Assessment and Screening tools including those developed by Turning Point on the behalf of the Victorian Government including the MARAM framework to supply client centric recovery planning. The development of this plan must be considerate of the RCP teams broader goals and objectives of supporting clients need and the goals and values of the RCP
Regional Care Partnership Geelong – Otway’s.
This role works within the Regional care Partnership (RCP) Geelong Otway’s. The consortium partners, Neami, Windana, Drummond Street, and Wathaurong Aboriginal Co-operative collectively provide primary mental health and AOD services through a collaborative service model.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary, plus salary packaging to increase your take home pay
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Join a fun, passionate, supportive, and inclusive team of people – who will support you at every turn!
- Access to our Employee Assistant Program
- Ability to transfer your long service from another NFP organisation as part of the portable long service leave scheme
You may be the one we are looking for if you have the following:
- Experience in the field working with clients with substance misuse problems, their families or carers
- Awareness of legislation affecting Windana services e.g. Equal Opportunity, Mental Health, Disability Services, Children and Young People’s Act
- Understanding of case work and AOD interventions within the context of a harm reduction, family work and recovery philosophies.
- Knowledge of the forensic drug and alcohol treatment system.
- Capacity to work with people with co-occurring AOD and psychiatric presentations & people involved in the criminal justice system.
- Capacity to work with people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- Completion of Certificate IV (Four AOD Competencies for applicants with health-related degrees) or Diploma in AOD and Mental Health.
If this sounds like you, click on the link below and apply now as we will commence shortlisting ASAP.
For a full list of the position responsibilities and the key selection criteria, please download the position description.
Why Windana do you ask?
We help our people grow as professionals but also as ‘people’. We believe one’s learning journey is ongoing and with a mindset on ‘optimisation’ and ‘continuous improvement’ we wish to reach our full potential at both an individual level but also as a team. We are constantly looking at improving our ways and we want like-minded people to help us do just that!
As a values-based organization, we would love if you are also aligned with our values:
- We are one connected community;
- We are driven by hope;
- We build collaboration through open and honest relationships;
- We pursue learning and growth;
- We are curious and courageous to drive change;
- We are committed to caring without judgement;
Everyone belongs @ Windana
Windana is an inclusive and diverse workplace. We respect and value our people irrespective of race, colour, religion or belief, sex, gender identity, national origin or family status. All applications are treated on merit and based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. Our practices in gender equality, flexible working, mental health & wellbeing and LGBTQIA+ encourage creativity and foster an innovative organisational spirit through openness and inclusiveness. It’s an environment where we welcome, celebrate and seek out diversity within our business, our customers and the wider community.
Above all, we promote a culture where everyone feels safe, supported, and respected – and we have a great time doing it!
A valid Working with Children Check is mandatory for this position and a police check will be administered for preferred candidates. We are a child safe and equal employment opportunity employer.
When can you start you ask? We are ready when you are…
To apply for this job go to: https://windana.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies & enter ref code: 6449132.
Applications close 15 October 2023