Wilderness School is a non-denominational day and boarding girl’s school educating students from Early Learning Centre through to Year 12. Since 1884, Wilderness School has prepared girls to be adventurous, courageous, responsible, and respectful learners and leaders. The legacy of our Founders, the Misses Browns, continues today and is a rich and integral part of our school culture. At Wilderness, we strive to enable each student to be the best that she can be.
The School Counsellor role focuses on enriching and guiding our students’ educational journey by integrating real-world experiences, industry insights, and academic pursuits. This role serves as a bridge between the school and the wider professional world, ensuring students are well-prepared, informed, and inspired about their future pathway possibilities.
This is a Term 1 contract commencing 24 January 2024 and ending on Friday 12 April 2024.
This role will be responsible for:
- Analysis of pathway data from previous years.
- Planning pathway related events and activities in conjunction with Leaders and the SRC.
- Engaging with old scholars and industry partners.
- Collaborating with tertiary providers and industry bodies and networks to define pathways for the future.
You will bring with you:
- Qualifications aligned to the role of Careers Counsellor, preferably with a focus on career guidance, counselling, or a related field.
- Proven experience in forging strong links with industry partners, showcasing an enriched learning ecosystem, including testimonials and case studies.
- Demonstrated expertise in guiding students to create comprehensive learner profiles, backed by feedback from students showcasing the impact of such guidance on their career decisions.
- Demonstrated experience as a collaborative and positive team member with proven ability to develop strong relationships based on trust.
How to Apply
For details about Wilderness School and to access a copy of the Position Description, please visit the School’s website at www.wilderness.com.au. For a confidential discussion, please contact Teresa Dwyer, People and Culture Manager on 8343 1081.
Please provide the following addressed to Belinda Arnfield, Principal:
- Covering letter addressing how you will contribute to the role and your key successes.
- Contacts details of three referees
Applications close: Wednesday 27 September 2023. Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo a Working with Children Check, Responding to Risks of Harm, Abuse and Neglect and adhere to the School’s Child Protection Policy.