Join the Barkuma team
Barkuma is a not-for profit organisation that provides a range of services to assist people with disability. For over 50 years, Barkuma has provided an environment of self-determination that opens up a lifetime of limitless learning and opportunity. Together, we establish the capacity and confidence to transition out of high school and continue to build a lifetime of independence that makes quality employment and accommodation outcomes possible.
Join our vibrant Client Services team as a full-time Case Manager!
Work with Barkuma’s Commercial Services production team, supporting individuals receiving NDIS funding for employment. Collaborate with stakeholders to foster skill development, set goals, and ensure excellent support. Be part of our dynamic environment, guiding participants through NDIS engagements and building meaningful relationships with advocates and specialists. Don’t miss this incredible opportunity!
Here are just some of the employee benefits we offer at Barkuma
- Permanent role
- Full-time, Monday to Friday
- $18,550 Salary packaging option
- Ongoing training and development
- Access to min 6 annual sessions on support and counselling services with work or personal matters, through our Employee Assistance Program
- Free Flu Vaccination
- 5 weeks Annual leave
- Ongoing training and career development opportunities
- A very supportive, flexible, and positive team culture
- A diverse and collaborative team culture like no other
Key responsibilities of a Case Manager:
- Mastering skilful assessments within our service model.
- Partnering with participants and families/guardians for inspiring plan reviews.
- Crafting comprehensive support programs tailored to individual employment needs.
- Keeping records and reports meticulously accurate and up-to-date.
- Embracing Barkuma’s policies and values, empowering participants to live their best lives.
- Safeguarding health and safety (WHS) as a top priority, following legislative requirements and Barkuma’s protocols.
- Embodying a culture of continuous improvement, delivering top-notch services with unity and collaboration.
- Leading by example, setting the bar high with exemplary behaviours guided by Barkuma’s Code of Conduct.
- Spreading the word about Barkuma’s exceptional services, actively engaging with the community.
- Staying true to Barkuma’s Mission statement and values, making a meaningful impact on people’s lives.
Relevant tertiary qualifications: Minimum Certificate IV Disability/Community Services or other relevant qualification
Skills and Abilities
- Up-to-date knowledge of NDIS and demonstrated practical experience.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in case management/support coordination.
- Ability to work with individuals using a person-centered, strengths-based approach.
- Strong networking abilities.
- Effective communication and time management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated flexibility and innovative problem-solving.
Note: The nature of the program may involve travel and work at various Barkuma sites and in the community. Australian work rights required. A valid Australian Driver’s License (restricted P2 license and above) and comprehensive motor vehicle insurance are essential.
- Current NDIS Worker Screening or DHS Disability clearance (or willingness to obtain).
- NDIS Quality and Safeguards Worker Orientation Module (or willingness to obtain).
- Child safe certificate (or willingness to obtain).
This position will be based on our site located at Elizabeth/Holden Hill
Seize this opportunity to make a difference and be part of an organization that values accountability and empowers individuals on their journey to success.
To find out more about Barkuma, visit us at:
Applications including resume and email/cover letter outlining why you would be the suitable candidate for this role can be made addressed to the People & Culture Team.
With respect, no recruitment agencies please. Candidates must have work rights for Australia. Barkuma is an equal opportunity employer.
Shortlisted applicants only will be contacted.