ABOUT YWCA AUSTRALIA
We are a proudly feminist not-for-profit organisation and for over 140 years we have been working at the forefront of gender equality through our housing, community programs and advocacy. Our five-year plan has a focus on making young women’s leadership and women’s housing our priority for gender equity in Australia. This will ensure we continue to deliver measurable and meaningful impact towards a future where gender equality is a reality.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
YWCA Australia is currently seeking a dedicated Case Manager, Early Intervention to join our CASY House Team in our Darwin location. This is a full time role on a maximum term contract ending on 30 June 2025.
The role supports young people who are at higher-than-average risk of, or who are experiencing domestic and family violence, live free from violence by:
- provision of case management services
- facilitating safety, well-being and housing independence
- addressing crisis needs
The ideal applicant will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Community Services, Social Work or relevant area.
- Proven knowledge and experience in direct, culturally appropriate, and strength- based client service delivery and case management with people experiencing, or who have experienced, domestic and family violence.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the issues and sector related to young people, domestic and family violence, the criminal justice response, family law, child protection, mandatory reporting, policy and processes.
This position will require the applicant to satisfactorily meet our pre-employment requirements. This includes:
- Completion of a national criminal history check
- A valid relevant state-based working with children permit.
- Proof of Covid-19 Vaccination, which includes Government recommended boosters.
Don’t meet every single requirement? At YWCA Australia we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If this role speaks to you but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: 11 September 2023