- Permanent | 30.4 to 38 hours per week
- Salary: $36.85 to $38.72 per hour + Super + Salary Packaging
- Salary dependent upon skills and experience
- Location: Coonamble NSW
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Life at Mission Australia
When you join the team at Mission Australia, you become part of a community who are determined to end homelessness and ensure people in need can thrive. United by our Christian purpose and values, we stand together with anyone who needs us, for as long as they need us. Find out more about us and our purpose.
The Family Preservation Program (formerly known as Brighter Futures) provides targeted support to vulnerable children aged 0 -17 and families to prevent their issues from escalating. We currently have a vacancy for a skilled Case Manager to join our dynamic and motivated team.
A component of your role will be providing home visits to families in Coonamble and surrounding areas. This program makes a real difference in children’s and their families lives. In this rewarding role you will provide targeted support to vulnerable children and families to ensure that children are healthy and safe and families provide safe, nurturing environments.
Your key responsibilities will to:
- Assist in the provision of intensive case management to families with children and young people
- Focus on parental vulnerability, specifically the impact of domestic violence, mental health issues, drug or alcohol misuse.
- Support parents to implement strategies and develop the necessary skills and resources.
- Deliver sessional, group based and issues focused parenting programs to enhance parents’ competence.
- Facilitate access to quality children’s services to assist families to achieve healthy child development.
- Work in partnership with DCJ to engage families who are at Risk of Significant Harm.
Requirements for Success
- Tertiary qualifications and/or relevant experience in the human services industry
- Experience in case management and the delivery of living skills and / or parenting programs
- Knowledge and understanding of issues facing vulnerable families and their children
- Current NSW Driver’s License
- Computer literate
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Our innovative and inclusive culture will ensure you feel valued at Mission Australia as you help Australians in need and develop in your career.
We’re committed to the safety and wellbeing of each other and the people we serve.
We recognise and respect diversity. So, whoever you are, if you’re skilled and actively support our purpose and values, you would be welcome at Mission Australia.
Find out more about a career with Mission Australia.
If you have a disability and need support, please email [email protected].
- Rewarding work – every day you know you’re making a real difference
- Not-for-profit salary packaging, reducing your tax (details via AccessPay)
- Generous discounts with health insurance and major retailers
- Free external, confidential counselling and access to chaplaincy support.
- Additional $350 each year to help with cost of living in a remote area
- Access to up to 3 additional days Personal/carers leave each year
How to apply
View the Position Description FPP Case Manager L3.pdf and click “Apply now”. We will respond to your application.
Applications close on Friday 22nd September. Please apply as soon as possible to be considered. Thank you