We have a fantastic opportunity to work alongside a passionate, progressive and diverse team that are committed to our consumers. Saltwater Clinic has a unique team providing clinical mental health care to residents of the Maribyrnong and Hobson’s Bay municipalities. Our staff are passionate about delivering high quality care to our consumers and we believe that good mental health is achievable for all regardless of their starting point. Our services include health promotion and planning, prevention, early intervention and treatment.
Permanent part time role – 4 days per week
Monday to Friday shifts 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Provide consumer recovery focused care, inclusive of carers / families.
Friendly and supportive staff
- Be registered with AHPRA as an Occupational Therapist or Registered Nurse.
- Have an approved degree in Social Work and eligibility for membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.Have the ability to think critically and problem solve effectively.
- Able to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Provide quality, client centred assessment and treatment in a holistic framework in a multi-disciplinary team setting
Mercy Mental Health (South West Area Mental Health Service) is a public mental health service supporting people in south west metropolitan Melbourne with severe and complex mental illnesses by providing acute and community-based care. Services are available to adults through acute inpatient programs, residential rehabilitation programs and crisis and community recovery-focused treatment programs. We also deliver inpatient and community specialist perinatal mental health services to women and infants in western Victoria.
Mercy Health is a Catholic organisation grounded in a 2,000-year tradition of caring for others. Founded by the Sisters of Mercy, Mercy Health is made up of more than 9,500 people who provide acute and subacute hospital care, aged care, mental health programs, maternity and specialist women’s health services, early parenting services, home care services and health worker training and development.
Mercy Health is proud to be recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the WGEA.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Mercy Health recognises that people are searching for meaning in their work life and finding a workplace that connects with their values is a key motivation when choosing an employer. As a not-for-profit healthcare provider, Mercy Health has a strong mission and clear values that guide us in everything we do. We pride ourselves on:
- caring for our people and those important to them with generous employee assistance available for employees and their families
- encouraging applications from people of all ages, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples, and supporting all staff to be their authentic selves at work through our network group for LGBTIQ+ staff and allies
- protecting children and vulnerable people in all our services, by listening to them and having zero tolerance of any form of abuse and neglect
- taking a stand against climate change, which is one of the biggest threats to the health of the world and all humanity, and committing to action that will help make our world fairer and more sustainable
- offering benefits such as generous salary packaging, purchased leave, career progression and development opportunities, access to health and wellbeing programs and a range of discounts across a diverse portfolio of financial, healthcare, travel and other services.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Candidates are required to meet the position and qualification requirements.
- Provide a current Police Record Check and Working with Children Check (Mercy Health may conduct additional background checks subject to current legislation).
- Proof of vaccination status consistent with public health orders and with Mercy Health’s policy (includes but is not limited to COVID-19 and seasonal influenza vaccination compliance requirement).
If you have any questions or require any adjustments to ensure a fair and equitable interview and selection process please contact us on the details below.
- Lily Rodriguez
- ph: 9928 7444
To view the position description or submit your application please click the ‘Apply Now’ button.