Due to expansion of services we are seeking two Practitioners, based in Gympie, for full-time roles to support to recruit, train, assess and support Foster & Kinship carers to meet the individual needs of children and young people in Out of Home Care (OOHC).
This essential service will be focusing on providing direct therapeutic interventions with children and young people and supporting foster and kinship carers. Some after hours and weekend work may be required.
This is a great opportunity for someone who has experience building rapport and relating to children and young people within a micro therapeutic trauma informed manner, supporting foster and Kinship Carers. You will have case planning and assessment skills.
- Tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Social or Behavioural Sciences or similar field
- Previous experience working with Carers including training, recruitment, and onboarding of new carers.
- Demonstrated experience in assessing complex and extreme needs of children & developing and implementing individualized care plans, including in-home support
- An understanding and knowledge of child protection (Children Protection Act)
- Demonstrated experience in training and facilitation of support groups
- Ability to operate within child-centred frameworks within a family-focused network.
- Completion of complex documentation on time and within required guidelines
- Current Blue Card (Working with Children) or willingness to obtain
- Current Licensed Care Service (LCS)
- Current Queensland Drivers Licence
- Current COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate
What We Offer
- Salary Packaging, package up to $15,900 per year tax free!
- In addition to your tax-free benefit, you can also use up to $2,650 of your pre-tax income to pay for entertainment expenses
- Purchase extra Leave
- ALEX Learning and Development Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Significant and ongoing learning, to create genuine career growth and development plans
- Staff Spiritual Retreat twice a year
- An employee benefits program that includes awesome retail discounts.
Anglicare is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, those from cultural and linguistically diverse backgrounds, LGBTIQ+ communities, people with disabilities and people with a lived experience of mental ill health issues. We promote a child-safe environment and are committed to providing on-going care and protection.
For adjustments to the application process or for further information please contact Andy Nethercott on 0429 630 437. Apply now attaching your resume and cover letter.
Anglicare Southern Queensland is committed to the health and safety of our workforce. Shortlisted Applicants will be asked to complete a Pre-Employment Assessments that requests the sharing of information regarding pre-existing injuries, illnesses or conditions that could reasonably be aggravated by performing the duties of this position