Case Workers will attend defined Community Corrections offices from 9.00am – 5.00pm on agreed days between Monday to Friday (excluding Public Holidays) and will offer one (1) hour appointments on the designated days. The Objective of the Program is to provide a drug and alcohol counselling delivered in accordance with Harm Minimisation, the Bio-psychosocial model and a Recovery Framework approach. The workers will be required to conduct an initial assessment with the program participants to build rapport, develop a case formulation and treatment plan. Workers will be required to provide regular progress reports to Referring Officers regarding individual offenders (participants) and will engage in conversation pertaining to the same.
The Case Worker will be responsible to operate within the framework and principles of harm minimisation as articulated in National Drug Strategy 2017-2026, the National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples’ Drug Strategy (2014-19) and the Queensland Alcohol and Other Drug Treatment Service Delivery Framework 2015 (and subsequent revisions of these documents).
THE CASE WORKER WILL:
- recognise the spectrum of substance use and stages of change
- work with clients across all stages of substance use
- respond to the full range of psychoactive substances available (including alcohol, tobacco, licit and illicit drug use, pharmaceutical drug misuse, emerging synthetics, poly drug use)
- consider the support needs of the client and their family, including dependent children.
- respond to the method of use and associated risk factors, in recognition of the fact that drug use trends change rapidly
- Deliver individual counselling sessions to persons under community supervision to address substance use and related issues.
- Identify goals and psychosocial issues, case formulation, treatment plans, interventions and discharge/post treatment including relapse prevention.
- To ensure the service are delivered across a range of Community Corrections District offices.
- Work collaboratively with District office staff and other relevant agencies.
- Other duties as required from time to time to enhance services
Please contact Katie Farmer for a copy of the full application pack