- Permanent Full time
- Salary sacrifice up to $15,899.90 per FBT year
- A rewarding role working with a passionate and qualified team
Located across the coastal regions of the Southwest and Peel, Accordwest is a growing not for profit (NPO) with a passion for helping our clients become more engaged, connected, and resilient, so they can go on to live strong, independent, and meaningful lives.
Accordwest is growing and as a result we are seeking expressions of interest from suitably qualified and career minded Case Workers to join our dedicated team to provide support and intensive therapeutic care to young people living in our homes across the South West region.
The young people in our care can come with a range of challenging behaviours and have often come from difficult lived experiences. They are looking to build trusting relationships for the first time in their lives. These roles provide the opportunity to make a difference through role modelling and developing appropriate and respectful relationships.
Our program aims to provide a secure, safe, and supportive home environment for children and young people who cannot reside with their families.
A 7-day flexible roster that may involve start and finish times between 8am – 6 pm.
- Provide trauma informed and client centred case management to young people, individuals, couples, children and families (office based and out-reach)
- Ability to consult and network with external stakeholders
- Provide higher level intensive case support to young people in Children and Youth Services.
- Provide support and mentoring to Youth Workers and Senior Youth Workers in line with Accordwest’s therapeutic approach.
- Maintain a high level of services to Accordwest clients through the provision of professional expertise and demonstrated best practice in the delivery.
- Ensure that there is accurate and timely recording of information and Reports on client information and case management systems.in accordance with Accordwest and Department requirements.
- Apply quality assurance and quality improvement frameworks in the team setting.
We seek to employ people who possess the following skills and experience:
- Qualification in Community Services, or equivalent with relevant field of study and/or 3 years’ experience in therapeutic care.
- Previous experience with case management models, including strength-based assessments, developing, and delivering effective interventions.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team setting, including demonstrated skills in negotiation, conflict resolution, teamwork, and leadership.
- Highly developed organisational and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, manage time effectively.
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills including an ability to communicate complex issues to a wide range of people and groups and interact effectively with people of different cultures.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and work constructively within culturally diverse settings, including a demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal culture, family, and community structures.
How we support you
Accordwest offers a fully paid comprehensive induction and training program. This is designed to provide our inductee Case Workers with a solid understanding and expectations of your role. The training will ensure that you are equipped with the skills, knowledge and experience required to succeed.
Due to the trauma sensitive work of our Case Workers, we require our inductee Case Workers to successfully complete the Induction Program before they can commence employment. The training is essential to our staff and therefore attendance is compulsory.
Other mandatory conditions (or ability to apply) to be eligible for this position:
- A valid current Western Australian Driver’s Licence
- First Aid Certificate
- Working with Children Check
- National Police Clearance
- Form 395 Clearance from Department of Communities
Ready to make a real difference in the community?
Please submit your resume and a covering letter addressing your experience in relation to the Key Role Responsibilities. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications will be held for a period of 3 months – after this time applicants are encouraged to re-apply.
Each of our employees bring a diversity of skills, experience, and open enthusiasm to listen, learn and build on the vision of Accordwest. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and encourage people from all backgrounds and abilities to apply.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact [email protected]