- SCHADS Award Grade 4 – $91,765 trp (including salary $82,046)
- Salary packaging option (up to an additional $15,900 p/a)
- Staff rewards program with savings and discounts at over 450 well known retailers
- Access to Wellbeing Centre providing support to a healthier and happier life
- Full time position based in Alice Springs (Ongoing – Subject to funding)
- Relocation assistance offered
- Four Weeks Annual Leave
- Local Alice Springs residents encouraged to apply
Are you looking to join a diverse team making a positive difference?
At CatholicCare NT, we’ve empowered individuals, couples, families, and children at 20 locations across the Territory and the APY Lands for the last 25 years. Our not-for-profit organisation has grown to over 250 team members delivering important programs and services such as counselling, housing, mental health, and domestic violence support.
The Children and Parenting program provide early intervention and preventative services and programs, specifically targeting at risk populations, using a whole of family approach to resource, educate, support and skill parents to improve developmental and wellbeing outcomes for children and families.
The program provides a range of evidence-based programs and activities for parents (Kinship, guardians, carers), to increase capacity, develop knowledge, skills, and support to raise healthy children and a range of developmentally activities and experience for children.
About the role
The Case Worker is responsible for providing office based and outreach strengths-based case management, mentoring, advocacy, parent education and practical support for the program to meet its objectives. This position has a particular focus on implementing and facilitating program activities and experiences within the Alice Springs programs to support families and in particular, the wellbeing of children.
What we are looking for
- Relevant qualifications in Social Welfare/ Social Science or equivalent with substantial experience in a similar role
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including report writing and case note writing.
- Cultural competency, particularly in working with Indigenous people.
- Experience in applying early intervention and prevention activities that support the wellbeing of children, young people, and families.
- Demonstrated ability to network effectively with other agencies to support a community approach to wellbeing.
How to Apply
For a full role description including key selection criteria, please visit our careers website. www.catholiccarentcareers.org.au
Applications Close: 9am Thursday 12 October 2023
Interviews week of: 16 October 2023
Applications only progress if made directly through our CatholicCare NT website. Expressions of interest from third party job boards will not be considered.
The Northern Territory is one of the most culturally diverse places in the world.
Alice Springs (Mparntwe) is a beautiful town located in the heart of Australia, known for its stunning natural beauty, rich cultural heritage, with strong Indigenous presence and vibrant community and art scene. The town is surrounded by stunning red desert landscapes, dotted with ancient rock formations, and home to a vast array of unique flora and fauna.
Alice Springs attracts visitors from all over the world, be it for the quirky and humorous Henley-On-Todd Regatta, camel racing, or the many opportunities to learn about the local Arrernte culture.
In this role you will have the privilege of working closely with local and aboriginal families and the experience of immersing yourself in an amazing part of the world.
This is an extraordinary opportunity to learn about yourself, other cultures and grow professionally at the same time as making a positive difference in the lives of others.
Safeguarding Children & Young People
CatholicCare NT is committed to maintaining zero tolerance of child abuse and neglect, and the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people who access our activities, programs, services, and facilities.
Employment is subject to obtaining a satisfactory National police check and Working with Children (Ochre) Card.
If you have resided in an overseas country for 12 months or more in the past 10 years, this position requires you to complete an International Criminal History check (ICHC) prior to you employment commencement date. The outcome of the initial screening check must be satisfactory.