When you join MercyCare, you join something bigger. A community of staff that make a difference at the heart of the community. As a leading Western Australian not-for-profit provider of aged care, family, community, early learning and disability services we support people throughout life’s journey. We invest in our people by building rewarding careers, offering training and development opportunities and a values-driven culture where our people can belong and thrive.
About the role
We have a permanent full-time position available in our Family Wellbeing team as a Case Worker based at our Cannington office. This position is a fixed term contracted position until June 2024.
This role aims to improve mental health outcomes for children and young people up to the age of 18. You’ll provide early intervention, psychoeducation and outreach support that is trauma informed. You’ll also provide one to one informal counselling, support the referral intake process, and facilitate groupwork activities.
You’ll have a passion for mental health and supporting children and young people, while also having:
- Relevant Tertiary Qualifications in Human Services
- Experience working with children, young people and families at risk or experiencing a mental health concern
- Knowledge and experience in engaging with children and young people using therapeutic modalities and interventions
- Experience working from a trauma informed approach
- Case work practice experience within the community sector
- Drivers Licence
- Influenza and COVID vaccinations are preferred but not required
- Working with Children Check (WWCC)
- National Police Clearance (obtained within the last six months)
About the benefits
- Not for profit Salary Packaging options
- Childcare discounts
- Options to purchase additional leave
- Career Pathways, Professional Development and Training
- Comprehensive Wellbeing Program including discounted health insurance, free flu vaccinations and skin checks
Click “Apply Now” to visit our website and apply. Applications close on 7 October 2023 but apply soon as we will progress recruitment earlier if the right match is found.
At MercyCare, every person matters.
With our 175-year legacy extending back to the Catholic Sisters of Mercy, today we stand proud to make a positive difference in our local communities. We live by our values – respect, integrity, compassion, justice, excellence, and courage.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting children, young people and the vulnerable. We invite applications from people from all walks of life, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and those from diverse ages, cultures, faiths, abilities, gender and sexuality.