Foundations Care is a not for profit organisation, providing a variety of family support services with experienced and professional staff. Foundations Care prides itself on being child-focused in its operations, with particular attention placed on each child’s emotional and developmental needs, as well as the overall needs of families.
About the role:
We are currently seeking applications for a Child, Youth and Families Case Worker to provide support to carers to achieve the placement goals of the child or young person. This role will be working from our office in Ipswich. Travel will be required in the surrounding region to support our clients.
You will be committed to working collaboratively with team members to effect and achieve foster and kinship care goals. You will work under the care planning and direction of the team Service Manager and will hold direct responsibility for a caseload of Foster Carers and Children and Young People as service users, providing out of home care placement and post placement supervision services.
The role involves recruiting and supporting carers, focussing on providing supports that meet legislative requirements and ultimately achieve reunification and long-term stability for children in care. You will participate in assessment processes and ensuring carers and home environments are authorised/approved and remain under active review. You will also have a role in investigations of allegations against carers.
Please note appointment to this role is subject to the following compulsory screening checks:
- National Police Check
- QLD – Working with Children Check (Blue Card & Suitability Check)
To be successful in this role you must have demonstrated high level of knowledge and experience relevant to:
- foster care and kinship programs
- child protection
- trauma and attachment
- positive behaviour support
- child development
- casework and group facilitation skills
- working with Indigenous and culturally diverse families and communities
Additionally, the successful applicant:
- May have completed or be currently completing a relevant tertiary qualification OR
- May have a less formal qualification with substantial years of relevant experience and specialised knowledge and skills sufficient to perform the role AND
- Will have considerable drive, life experience or personal commitment to the role and seek to undertake further learning and development to enhance your skills and competency AND
- A demonstrated ability to write high quality assessment reports and to use a range of information technology systems including Microsoft Office is also required.
What we can offer you:
At Foundations Care you’ll be able to access a range of benefits:
- Salary packaging
- Ongoing training and career development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly environment
- Professional supervision and support
- Employee Assistance Program
Enquiries – If you are experiencing technical difficulties or require any further information about the role, please contact our People and Culture team at [email protected]
How to apply:
Please click APPLY NOW and include in your application a copy of your resume and a cover letter addressing your suitability for the role.
Foundations Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from First Nations Peoples and people from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds.
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately and the position may close earlier than stated if a suitable candidate has been found in that time.
We thank you in advance for your time, please note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted