The Case Workers’ primary role will be group facilitation and our teams across Queensland co-facilitate a range of psycho-education group sessions to persons in custody, or under community supervision, to address substance use and related issues.
The Program will consist of, short and low intensity groups, moderate intensity groups, and high intensity group programs. Our Case Workers are required to conduct an initial engagement with program participants to support development of rapport and individual outcomes for the participant. The worker will also carry out a pre-enrolment interview and have the participant sign a consent form in relation to engaging in the intervention and their level of participation, and also conduct pre and post-testing. Testing is conducted with participants to gauge their level of knowledge regarding program content and for short, low and moderate programs, and higher intensity programs completing a psychological assessment as required.
Responsible for operating within the framework and principles of harm minimisation as articulated in National Drug Strategy 2017-2026, the National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples’ Drug Strategy (2014-19) and the Queensland Alcohol and Other Drug Treatment Service Delivery Framework 2015 (and subsequent revisions of these documents)
Drug ARM Case Workers;
- recognise the spectrum of substance use and stages of change
- work with clients across all stages of substance use
- respond to the full range of psychoactive substances available (including alcohol, tobacco, licit and illicit drug use, pharmaceutical drug misuse, emerging synthetics, poly drug use)
- consider the support needs of the client and their family, including dependent children.
- respond to the method of use and associated risk factors, in recognition of the fact that drug use trends change rapidly
- Will always be sensitive around the issues of trauma and the risk of re-traumatisation
Core components of the role will include engagement and pre and post testing assessment, group dynamics and facilitation, a knowledge of brief interventions, counselling using endorsed therapeutic approached, harm reduction education and information, and possible referral options to other services.
Please contact Katie Farmer for a copy of the full application-pack [email protected]