- Employment Type: Permanent Full to Part-Time position available (0.6 – 1FTE)
- Remuneration: $36.56 to $38.12 per hour
- Location: Outreach, covering the South Metro area (South Perth to Mandurah)
HelpingMinds® is a highly-regarded carer support and mental health services organisation, established over 40 years ago. Our compassionate team of staff and dedicated volunteers throughout the metro and regional areas, provide quality services and support to more than 10,000 children, youth, adults and families affected by mental illness every year.
This position will be responsible for engaging with participants under the Commonwealth Psychosocial Support Program, to provide psychosocial support services for adults with severe mental illness and associated psychosocial functional impairments who are not accessing services through the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) or a state government program.
Duties of the role will include (not limited to):
- Work collaboratively with clients to develop and implement their recovery plans to achieve their goals.
- Provide service navigation support to link clients with services to meet their needs such as clinical mental health, drug and alcohol agencies, housing, physical health, social, leisure, recreational services, NDIS, groups and clubs, where required.
- Provide person centred, recovery focused psychosocial supports to individuals in the community
- Support clients to submit applications to the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
- Utilise program tools and resources to communicate the scope of the service and assist clients with developing support plans to meet their psychosocial support needs.
For more information, including a position description please visit our website: https://helpingminds.org.au/about-us/work-with-us/
- NDIS Worker Screen Clearance, Proof of Australian Working Rights, Working With Children Check, Current Drivers License and First Aid Certificate
- Relevant tertiary degree e.g. Social Work, Psychology, Counselling or Mental Health Nurse; or Diploma/Certificate in Community Services and / or Mental Health, with significant relevant experience working in mental health or related field.
In addition to joining a professional and dynamic team, you will work in a supportive and positive environment with staff that live by HelpingMinds’ values and have a strong focus on community needs. We understand the importance of health and wellbeing and offer an employee wellness program.
Additional benefits include:
- Generous tax-free salary packaging benefits where you can package up to $15,900 per annum
- 5 weeks annual leave per year (pro rata), increasing to 6 weeks (pro rata) once reaching 3 years of continuous service
- 2 wellness days per year, increasing to 3 days once reaching 3 years of continuous service
- Generous superannuation; 12%, increasing to 13% once reaching 1 year of continuous service
- Professional development and support around additional training
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program
- Regular mentoring & support provided by experienced Team Facilitators
We are a value-driven organisation that encompasses the values of Hope, Collaboration, Trust, Integrity, and Respect to provide quality service. We welcome your individuality, your ideas, your passion, and your drive. Our people focused culture and flexible approach will help you to succeed both professionally and personally.
To apply for this position and take the next steps towards a rewarding career with HelpingMinds, please submit a resume and cover letter. For more information, contact the Recruitment team on 08 9427 7100 or email [email protected]
HelpingMinds Limited is an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity in the workplace. We welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTIQIA , people from culturally diverse backgrounds, and people with lived experience of mental health issues and of supporting family members with mental health issues
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.