- Permanent opportunity
- Flexible Hours 30.4 to 38 hours per week
- Location – Walgett, Bourke, Lightning Ridge and Brewarrina
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Life at Mission Australia
When you join the team at Mission Australia, you become part of a community who are determined to end homelessness and ensure people in need can thrive. United by our Christian purpose and values, we stand together with anyone who needs us, for as long as they need us. Find out more about us and our purpose.
HYAP- Homeless Youth Assistance Program supports children & young people aged 12 to 15 who are homeless or at risk of homelessness and aims to ensure that young people have safe, supportive and nurturing living environments.
Our Case Workers support young people to develop age appropriate living skills, positively engage in education or training and to strengthen connections with family and wider support networks.
Case management through HYAP focuses on individual case plan development with young people and can include the delivery of evidence based intervention programs to young people and their families.
Due to the geographical area the program covers, outreach work is an essential part of the role requiring the Case Worker to travel to Walgett, Bourke, Lightning Ridge and Brewarrina, a pool car will be provided and overnight accommodation when necessary.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Responding to referrals and completing screening and intake with young people.
- Supporting the accommodation needs of clients who enter the service
- Working with clients to create individualised case plans and coordinating referrals to services
- Providing ongoing case management to clients to achieve identified goals
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders & service partners, both government and non-government
- Complete a range of other administrative duties for the efficient running of the service
Requirements for Success
- Tertiary Qualification and / or relevant experience in the human services industry.
- Knowledge and experience working with client issues relating to homelessness including domestic violence, substance abuse, mental health etc.
- Computer literate in a windows environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Senior First Aid Certificate or willingness to obtain.
- Current NSW Driver’s License.
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Our innovative and inclusive culture will ensure you feel valued at Mission Australia as you help Australians in need and develop in your career.
We’re committed to the safety and wellbeing of each other and the people we serve.
We recognise and respect diversity. So, whoever you are, if you’re skilled and actively support our purpose and values, you would be welcome at Mission Australia.
Find out more about a career with Mission Australia.
If you need support to submit your application, please email [email protected].
- Rewarding work – every day you know you’re making a real difference
- Not-for-profit salary packaging, reducing your tax (details via AccessPay)
- Generous discounts with health insurance and major retailers
- Free external, confidential counselling and access to chaplaincy support.
- Additional $350 each year to help with cost of living in a remote area
- Access to up to 3 additional days Personal/carers leave each year
How to apply
View the Position Description HYAP Case Worker L3.pdf and click “Apply now”. We will respond to your application.
Applications are shortlisted as they are received. Please apply as soon as possible to be considered. Thank you