Stronger Families Intensive Family Services & Reunification
Salary Range $82,063|Full time
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Aboriginal Family Support Services (AFSS) has been serving South Australian Aboriginal communities for over 40 years. We are passionate and committed to working with families and community to keep children safe in family, culture.
The Intensive Family Service
Walks alongside families who are facing complex challenges that are placing them at risk of entering the Child Protection system. We provide intensive, in home case management support to assist families to create plans and develop new ways of managing to allow them to keep their kids safe.
Accepts referrals from DCP to work with families to address Child Protection Concerns and build new skills to allow children to return to their care.
This program provides intensive case management support to work with families so they can address the issues that lead to removal, recognize and build on their strengths and support positive relationships with their kids
As a Case Worker you will
– Have an understanding historical and contemporary factors impact Aboriginal families and bring them into contact with the child protection system.
-Demonstrate great relationship building, communication and team work skills
-Understand therapeutic approaches to working with complex trauma, be passionate about working with clients to create their own plans and providing consistent, reliable and accountable service to families.
What you need
- Prior experience and demonstrated knowledge in family support and complex case management
- A Minimum Certificate IV in Child, Youth & Family Intervention (or similar, as required by our funding contracts), or must obtain qualification within 12 months of starting the role.
- A South Australian Working with Children Check (WWCC)
- An NDIS Employment Clearance
- A Safe Environments for Children and Young People – Through their eyes Certificate
- A current Australian Drivers License
- Eligibility to work in Australia
Don’t have a WWCC & NDISWC? You can apply on-line at www.sa.gov.au/screening
Ideally You Will Also Have
- Qualifications in Social Work, Social Sciences or Community Services or similar
Working in a not for profit agency you can salary sacrifice to increase your take home pay.
If this sounds like you view the J&P in the AFSS Employment section www.afss.com.au
Then tell us in a 2 page cover letter (addressing the KRA’s found in the J&P) why you are a good fit for this job and send this with your resume to [email protected]
For more information please call Leah Smith on 0409 885 114 (Mon to Fri 9am – 5pm)
Applications close 9am Thursday 23rd August 2023
Please note: Previous Applicants need not apply
We look forward to receiving your application, however if you do not provide a 2 page cover letter address your skills and experience against the Job and Person Specification we are unlikely to consider your application. AFSS reserves the right to commence interviews prior to closing date, and may fill the role if a suitable candidate is identified.