- SCHADS Award Level 4 – $41.52 p/h + Superannuation and Leave Loading
- Part Time position, 2 days (15.2 hours) per week
- Salary packaging option (up to an additional $15,900 p/a)
- Staff rewards program with savings and discounts at over 450 well known retailers
- Access to Wellbeing Centre providing support to a healthier and happier life
- Based in Darwin
- Relocation assistance offered
Are you looking to join a diverse team making a positive difference?
About CatholicCare NT and the Program
CatholicCare NT is a Catholic social service agency established in the Diocese of Darwin. We provide services throughout the NT, including service centres in Darwin, Palmerston, Malak, Tiwi Islands, Daly River, Wadeye, Jabiru, Maningrida, Katherine, Tennant Creek, Alice Springs, Santa Teresa, Titjikala, Finke and APY lands.
The Men’s Behaviour Change Program (MBCP) is based in Darwin with outreach to the Darwin Correctional Centre, Wadeye and the Tiwi Islands. The program is designed to support men who are engaging in violent, abusive and/or controlling behaviours, to change that behaviour. This takes place in a group setting along with individual case management, where participants are provided with education, support, strategies and referrals to other services. The MBCP works closely with NT Legal aid, providing Social Support for men who are impacted by Domestic and Family Violence (DFV).
About the role
The Case Worker is responsible for providing assertive case management, education and support to participants in order for the program to meet its objectives. This position has a particular focus on provision of Social Support assistance at the Darwin Court (including male victims of DFV) 2 days per week. The role includes delivery in a variety of locations and may include outreach to remote communities and work within NT Correctional Services.
What we are looking for
- Relevant qualifications in Psychology, Social Work, Welfare Studies or Men’s Family Violence with substantial experience in a similar role.
- Minimum two years’ experience in a case manager role involving complex clients and undertaking groupwork.
- Demonstrated knowledge (or a commitment to learning) of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including report writing and case note writing
- Demonstrated cultural competency, particularly in working with male aboriginals in both urban and remote communities
How to Apply
For a full role description including key selection criteria, please visit our careers website. www.catholiccarentcareers.org.au
Applications Close: 9am Thursday 28 September 2023
Interviews week of: 02 October 2023
Applications only progress if made directly through our CatholicCare NT website. Expressions of interest from third party job boards will not be considered.
The Northern Territory is one of the most culturally diverse places in the world.
Darwin is a vibrant coastal town with an easy commute, lively and diverse culture and situated right next door to world heritage listed Kakadu National Park. Full of contrasting landscapes and diverse habitats, the rugged cliffs of Arnhem Land escarpment hide deep sandstone gorges and pockets of monsoon rainforests, with innumerate waterfalls cascading into pools lined with pandanus and gum trees.
In this role you will have the privilege of working closely with multicultural families and communities It will give you the opportunity to immerse yourself in an amazing part of the world. This is an extraordinary opportunity to learn about yourself, other cultures and grow professionally at the same time as making a positive difference in the lives of others.
Safeguarding Children & Young People
CatholicCare NT is committed to maintaining zero tolerance of child abuse and neglect, and the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people who access our activities, programs, services and facilities.
Employment is subject to obtaining a satisfactory National police check and Working with Children (Ochre) Card.
If you have resided in an overseas country for 12 months or more in the past 10 years, this position requires you to complete an International Criminal History check (ICHC) prior to you employment commencement date. The outcome of the initial screening check must be satisfactory.