Case Worker – Integrated Primary Mental Health Care
Centrecare is a not-for-profit organisation committed to delivering quality professional counselling, support, accommodation, family violence support, mediation, justice programs and out of home care services.
Under the Integrated Primary Mental Health Care model this program focuses and delivers quality mental health and wellbeing services for disadvantaged, vulnerable or hard to reach individuals who have, or at risk of mental health condition throughout the Goldfields region.
Covering the Goldfields region this position will deliver place-based low intensity support and psychological interventions to clients. Working within the WA Primary Health Alliance Stepped Care approach, this position will match client needs to the level of intervention required and endeavour to complete regular outreach services as depicted by the needs of the service, communities and individuals incorporating community workshops, group activities and educational seminars.
A few Specifics
- Referring and assisting clients to access appropriate specialist services and support groups.
- Evaluating efficacy of interventions and modifying safety, support and recovery plans where necessary.
- Providing information and education to clients, carers, families and other service providers; individually and through group facilitation.
- Provide quality outreach services to clients in the region which will include the preparation of, and participation in; individual case work, focus groups, community events and community partnerships.
- Providing and/or arranging support for families and carers where appropriate.
- The promotion of mental health services and resources pertaining to the mental health and wellbeing for clients.
- A minimum of a Diploma in the field of Mental Health, Social Work, Community Services, Counselling or equivalent
- A minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in a mental health related service
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding around case managing vulnerable, disadvantaged and complex needs clients
- Experience and/or understanding of working with remote Aboriginal communities and their unique needs
- An understanding of working within a stepped care approach to mental health
- Ability to communicate and network with a range of stakeholders.
- Computer literate with the ability to work with a range of databases
- Zone allowance (relevant for each level of position)
- Relocation salary packaging up to $50,000
- Relocation assistance of $1,000 for relocation over 1,000kms
- Comprehensive training and development to encourage staff growth and development.
- Four weeks Annual Leave inclusive of a 17.5% leave loading
- One week of additional paid leave
- Twelve weeks paid Maternity Leave
- Access to corporate health cover provided for by Bupa and Medibank
- Study Leave of five hours per week after two years of service
- Insurance cover to and from work
- Clinical and Management Supervision
- Employee Assistance Program
How to Apply
Click on the APPLY button and attach your resume for more information on this position.
For More information about the positions Centrecare has to offer, please visit our website www.centrecare.com.au or call Caroline Jusman on 9288 2244 for a confidential discussion.
Closing Date: 5pm 13 October 2023
Shortlisting will commence immediately. Centrecare reserves the right to close the vacancy early.
Respect, Excellence, Celebration, Compassion, Acceptance, Professionalism
Centrecare believes that all children are valuable and worthy of respect. It strongly supports the rights of the child and is committed to ensuring the safety, wellbeing and protection of all children who are in contact with or receive its services.