Case Worker – Specialist Homeless Service
- Location: Kempsey
- Part-time Contract until Jun 2024, 60 hours fort-nightly
- First Nations People are strongly encouraged to apply
- This role is paid under the Social, Community, Home Care & Disability Services Award 2010- Level 4 $41.52- $44.68/hour
About the Opportunity:
The Caseworker will be responsible to provide case management services to all clients engaged with Samaritans SHS, the Caseworker will work with a range of women and children that are at different levels of intensity and may be at different stages of the program, and housing stability. They will be responsible for the assessment the needs, establishment of individual plans, referral and the implementation of wrap around services.
Why work for us?
Our team are the heart of what we do here at Samaritans. As a part of the Samaritans team, you have access to the following great benefits:
- 14 weeks paid maternity leave or 3 weeks paid parental pay + Super Contributions after 12 months
- Salary Packaging on a range of everyday living expenses (Mortgage, Rent and Bills), up to $611/fortnight
- Up to 40% off on school enrolment fees at any of our Newcastle Anglican schools
- Access to 9% discount on Medibank private health insurance + more benefits
- Meals & Entertainment Salary packaging up to $2,650
- Access to Fitness Passport (over 300+gyms)
- Free access to our corporate Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible working options (including compressed week, RDO’s, 9-day fortnights).
- Career and development opportunities
- The opportunity to work within an innovative, collaborative team environment
- Tertiary qualification in Social Work, Community Services/Welfare, Youth Work or related disciplines, OR related experience with extensive background in working with men, women and families with mental health, drug and alcohol issues, and domestic violence.
- Experience in Case Management practice and strengths-based approach
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to develop rapport and communicate effectively with men, women and families, to listen to them so as to assist them to make informed decisions and develop skills for living within the community
- Demonstrated understanding of the complex needs of men, women and families facing homelessness and domestic violence
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to maintain confidentiality and accountability; including client records, team and organisational discussions
- Ability to operate with minimal supervision and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Understanding of and commitment to the principles of Child Protection, WH&S, cultural diversity and ethical practice
- Proven ability to effectively and proactively network and liaise with government and nongovernment service providers
Who we are?
Newcastle Anglican is at the core of some of the most well-known businesses within Newcastle, Hunter, Central Coast & Mid North Coast organisations. Our service agencies include Anglican Care and Samaritans as well as Newcastle Anglican Schools Corporation and 54 Anglican parishes.
For more information on who we are and the work we do, visit www.newcastleanglican.org.au.
For further information please email our Talent Team at [email protected]
To apply click Apply now!
Please include your cover letter addressing your qualifications and experience, and your resume.
Applications Close: when we find you!
Samaritans promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children and young people.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia.
No agencies or third party applications please.