Contract: Full-Time Contract
Location: Perth Metro
Contract expires 01/10/2024 (extension subject to program contract renewal)
Do you want to make a difference?
Join us in an innovative, new initiative that addresses the real issues and seeks to understand and build resilience so that secure accommodation will be a long term reality for people who need it. You will be working with the whole family addressing client-centered needs.
If complex case management and working with vulnerable and diverse people from a variety of backgrounds are your passion, apply to join our dynamic Thrive team.
Outcare is delivering the Thrive program services to the Perth metropolitan area, Bunbury and Albany. The program aims to support Aboriginal housing and individuals in the public housing system, particularly those in need of social and economic support. The services provided take on a holistic approach in identifying client’s needs, with a strong focus on early intervention.
What you’ll need:
- Effective organisational and time management skills to prioritise work and meet deadlines.
- Sound word processing and computing skills in Windows systems, particularly Microsoft Office programs
- Current WA ‘C’ Class Driver’s Licence
- Reliable vehicle and willingness to use for work purposes
- Current Working with Children Card
- A Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check, via our preferred provider (a discounted link will be sent to shortlisted candidates)
- Proven capacity to work independently as well as with a team
- Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination in line with government mandate
- Experience in working with vulnerable groups with diverse linguistic backgrounds and complex needs, in supporting the clients for a better life.
- Demonstrated contemporary understanding and attitude of homelessness and tenancy issues
- Knowledge and experience in delivering services in the context of property management
What we give back:
- Not-for-profit salary packaging benefits (which reduces your taxable income)
- Annual Leave Loading
- Superannuation contributions and benefits
- Free, confidential counselling service
How to apply:
Prepare a brief cover letter outlining how you meet each of the above criteria.
Attach a detailed resume which must highlight your duties and achievements from previous and current roles most relevant to this position.
Applications close 5pm, 22nd September 2023.
*Please note we may proceed with interviews before the closing date. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.