If you have a deep passion for contributing to Aboriginal-led programs that uphold self-determination and promote healing, then we are the perfect employer for you.
FIRST NATIONS PEOPLE ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
As Western Australia’s leading and most progressive Aboriginal Corporation, we are actively seeking experienced and dedicated individuals to join our dynamic team.
We currently have a range of exciting positions available within Wungening’s portfolio, encompassing
- Child protection and family support
- Family and domestic violence (FDV) and
- Alliance initiatives
Our 100 staff in the portfolio are driven by a common objective: Our children, our families, our people: safe, connected – healing.
By joining us, you’ll have the opportunity to make a significant impact to closing the gap in these critical areas and enabling the healing and empowerment of Aboriginal children and families.
ABOUT THE ORGANISATION
For nearly 35 years, Wungening has led the way with culturally secure programs. Our core focus is addressing the harmful effects of alcohol and other drugs on individuals, families and communities.
To heal mind, body and spirit, we proudly provide:
- Alcohol and other drug programs
- A refuge for women and children escaping family violence
- A culturally responsive emergency relief program
- Reintegration and accommodation support (justice)
We also lead a suite of cross-agency alliances, supporting:
- Reintegration into community after release from prison
- In-home support services aimed at keeping children safe at home
- Pathways to housing for the homeless
Committed to Aboriginal-led solutions, our board of directors and CEO are all Aboriginal people. We currently work from 14 metro locations and employ over 200 staff.
Join us in achieving our vision: healthy communities our way.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR AND THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Wungening is dedicated to serving and empowering the most vulnerable and marginalised of the Aboriginal community. We are seeking individuals who share our drive to heal, restore dignity and empower Aboriginal children and families.
Our ideal candidates possess the following core competencies:
- Exceptional character and ethical standards
- High emotional intelligence
- Sound clinical skill and experience
- Cultural humility and proficiency
- Excellent written communication skills
Candidates will be assessed against these competency areas when determining suitability for available positions, including position levels. To give yourself the best chance of securing your ideal role, please include a cover letter of no longer than 2 pages along with your CV that responds to the core competencies listed above.
Note, your cover letter will be the primary source of assessing written communication skill.
This is a pool recruitment process to fill all vacancies within the portfolio. We have a range of vacancies across all program areas from entry level support worker positions to senior case management positions. We have vacancies in close proximity to all major centres in the Perth Metropolitan area, including the Peel region.
WORKING WITH WUNGENING – JOB BENEFITS AT A GLANCE
In additional to fulfilling a passion for social justice and community healing, you will enjoy the many benefits of our generous Enterprise Bargaining Award Agreement, including:
- 2 wellness days per year
- 3-day additional Christmas shutdown leave
- 4-week top up maternity leave
- Excellent salary packaging options available
- Long Service after 6 years
- Mentoring and training opportunities
- Clear pathways for advancement
IMPORTANT NOTES FOR APPLICANTS
Applications must include a cover letter no longer than 2 pages and a concise CV clearly outlining your qualifications and experience.
Applications close Wed 20th September
Being suitable for a position does not guarantee an offer of employment.
Some interviews and position appointments may occur prior to the nominated closing date.
Get your applications in early.