NORTEC is currently assisting a NSW State Government Department in promoting opportunities that make a significant impact for Individuals. You will be involved in working with children, adults, families and communities to improve the lives and realise potential with a focus on breaking rather than managing disadvantage.
Multiple opportunities have become available across the Mid North Coast area for Casework Support Workers.
– Coffs Harbour
– Port Macquarie
Primary purpose: To directly support the day-to-day work of Caseworkers and contribute to keeping children, young people and families safe. Key responsibilities include case planning and documentation, referrals and appointments, case visits and day to day team priorities.
- Contribute to collaborative casework by maintaining timely client and casework records, including information system records, the coordination and delivery of court papers and appropriate information sharing
- Coordinate logistical arrangements for meetings including case management and family meetings, supervised visits, appointments and other activities which directly support case planning and decision-making for children and young persons.
- Supervise “low risk” family contact visits and prepare summary reports which accurately record observations.
- Hold a degree qualification (or be in your 3rd or 4th year) in Social Welfare or other relevant degree.
- Current Driver’s License
- Successful applicants will be subject to the satisfactory return of a Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check clearance
- Demonstrated ability to respond quickly to situations and escalate information appropriately
- Ability to stay calm and focused in the face of challenging situations
- Be confident in the use of core office software applications and other technologies used in the role.
Candidates that identify as an Indigenous Australian are strongly encouraged to apply. Indigenous Career Development programs available for suitable candidates who have not yet achieved above qualification.
Excellent pay rates and opportunity for further career development and learning.
Working hours are Monday to Friday 9:00am – 5: 00pm.
To apply, please forward cover letter indicating which role you wish to apply for together with resume detailing your experience.