Barnardos are looking for a Case Manager for a part time 28hr/ week 12-month contact in the Yurungai Child and Family Service based in Marrickville 2204,
The Case Manager will be responsible for;
- Undertaking the primary case work role and to deliver a service to children and families through regular home visiting.
- Conducting a SCARF assessment of each family referred to you in partnership with the family and other agencies.
- Reviewing the progress with the family in an appropriate timeframe.
- Ensuring the provision of appropriate advocacy services on behalf of clients to other organizations and government departments.
- Referring families to external services where appropriate to meet the family’s needs.
- Maintaining a child focus in your case work as well as supporting parents where ever possible to maintain or re-establish their parental responsibilities.
- Providing practical assistance (including financial literacy assistance) to alleviate poverty and disadvantage.
- Monitoring child protection issues, consult with your supervisor and act in accordance with The NSW Children and Young Persons (Care and Protection) Act 1998 and Barnardos Australia ‘Reporting of Child Abuse’ policy.6
- Being flexible in your working hours and meet the families at a time that is most beneficial to a family (e.g. before and after school hours, if required)
As a Case Manager, you will ideally have;
- Tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology or Social Welfare related discipline.
- Knowledge of child development and parenting capacity.
- Knowledge of trauma informed practice, how this is delivered and the effects trauma can have on child development and family functioning.
- Demonstrated experience of working with children and young people and their family in a child protection context and knowledge of current child protection legislation.
- Demonstrated experience of working with families in need of support services.
- Demonstrated experience of using electronic case management tool
- Be available to participate in a 24 hour on call roster to support kin carers, birth families and their children/young people.
About the Organisation
Barnardos Australia is one of Australia’s leading children’s social care agencies, focused on building relationships between children, young people, their families and the community. Over the next 5 years, Barnardos commits to supporting more vulnerable children to thrive through effective evidence-informed and research-based programs.
Applicants from an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander background are strongly encouraged to apply.
Benefits of Working for Barnardos
- Development through individual and group mentoring
- Secondments, acting up and project work
- Flexible working arrangements
- Cultural leave
- A day off during NAIDOC week
- Additional annual leave during Christmas/New Year break
- Volunteer opportunities at community events and many more
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff are further supported by the Aboriginal Cultural Unit (ACU) and Barnardos Indigenous Group (BIG) to meet their cultural needs within the organisation.
Salary: Base $71,136 to $87,961 per annum plus leave loading plus superannuation. Packaging available to receive $15,860 of your salary tax free. Motor vehicle packaging available on selected roles.
To be considered for roles with Barnardos you will need to have (or be willing to have conducted) a National Police Clearance and current Working with Children check Clearance (or APP number) and for the ACT a Drivers History Check, Working with Vulnerable People Card and CYPS Check.
Vaccination for COVID-19 is a condition of employment and engagement with Barnardos.
How to apply:
To register your interest hit APPLY NOW and submit your Resume. For a confidential discussion please call Zoe Banbury 02 9218 2346