- Max Term Full Time | 30th June 2025
- Location: Lismore 2480
- Salary: $ 72,795 plus Super + Salary Packaging
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Life at Mission Australia
When you join the team at Mission Australia, you become part of a community who are determined to end homelessness and ensure people in need can thrive. United by our Christian purpose and values, we stand together with anyone who needs us, for as long as they need us. Find out more about us and our purpose.
The “Casework Support Program” (CSP) is a funded service of Youth Justice NSW. The CSP is targeted at young people in contact with the criminal justice system who are supervised by Youth Justice Case Workers in community offices and who have been assessed as having a medium to high risk of offending. Target outcomes for the client are individually specified based on the initial Youth Justice assessment and case plan conducted by their Caseworker from Youth Justice.
In this role, you will offer one to one case work support to young people for 12 weeks, however in some cases the time-frame can be extended. Assistance may include, but is not limited to: obtaining personal identification, engaging/ sustaining education and training program, driver’s license support, transport to and from appointments, and participation in pro social activities.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Assist and encourage clients to develop skills necessary to achieve their Youth Justice Case Plan goals
- Provide assertive outreach due to intensive work in community and travel requirement
- Liaise with the Department of Youth Justice providing casework support with participants
- Submit weekly reports detailing 4-6 hours of client contact per week per client (5 clients maximum)
- Maintain client folders and documents, ensuring that all documents are completed
- Contribute to the effective functioning and development of the service including WHS requirements
Requirements for Success
- Experience working with young people with challenging behaviours
- Senior First Aid certificate or willingness to obtain
- Knowledge of case management and issues surrounding homelessness and an understanding of the issues that impact on families
- Current driver’s license
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Our innovative and inclusive culture will ensure you feel valued at Mission Australia as you help Australians in need and develop in your career.
We’re committed to the safety and wellbeing of each other and the people we serve.
We recognise and respect diversity. So, whoever you are, if you’re skilled and actively support our purpose and values, you would be welcome at Mission Australia.
Find out more about a career with Mission Australia.
We encourage applications from people with disability and Indigenous Australians.
If you have a disability and need support to submit your application, please email [email protected].
- Rewarding work – every day you know you’re making a real difference
- Not-for-profit salary packaging, reducing your tax (details via AccessPay)
- Generous discounts with health insurance and major retailers
- Free external, confidential counselling and access to chaplaincy support.
How to apply
View the Position Description CSP Position Description.pdf and click “Apply now”. We will respond to your application.
Applications are shortlisted as they are received. Please apply as soon as possible to be considered. Thank you