NORTEC is currently assisting a NSW State Government Department in promoting opportunities that make a significant impact for Individuals. You will be involved in working with children, adults, families and communities to improve the lives and realise potential with a focus on breaking rather than managing disadvantage.
Multiple opportunities have become available across the northern NSW area for Caseworkers
– Tweed Heads
Primary purpose: Work directly with children, young people and families to support them to achieve change that keeps children and young people safe and improves their social,emotional,health and educational outcomes.
- Assessing the safety and risk of children and young people in challenging situations
- Develop and maintain networks and relationships with key stakeholders to deliver appropriate services for children, young people and families
- Maintain accurate and relevant client records for reporting and information sharing
- Undertake assessment/investigation and ongoing family work to identify and address the safety and risk concerns for children and young people
- Hold a degree qualification in Social Work, psychology, social science welfare or other relevant degree.
- Current Driver’s License
- Successful applicants will be subject to the satisfactory return of a Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check clearance
- Demonstrated ability to respond quickly to situations and escalate information appropriately
- Ability to stay calm and focused in the face of challenging situations
- Be confident in the use of core office software applications and other technologies used in the role.
Excellent pay rates and opportunity for further career development and learning.
Working hours are Monday to Friday 9:00am – 5: 00pm.
To apply, please forward cover letter indicating which role you wish to apply for together with resume detailing your experience.