- Great work/life balance with no night shifts and business working hours
- Provide psychosocial assessment, treatment and consultation to young people
- Multiple opportunities available – Temporary & permanent part time/full time
About the facility
The Child & Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS) is responsible for delivery of specialist evidence based mental health assessments and treatments to women in the perinatal period, infants, children and young people up to 16 years. Specialist clinics are provided for perinatal, infant mental health and Autism Spectrum Disorders. The service also provides specialist training and consultation to other child and family services.
- Holds a formal qualification in Psychiatric Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Speech Pathology, Social Work or Clinical/Forensic/Neuro Psychology
- Experienced clinical skills in the psychiatric assessment and treatment of infants, children and adolescents up to 16 years of age
- Advanced clinical decision making skills regarding the management of risk in relation to young people
About the role
Work within the multidisciplinary CAMHS team providing psychosocial assessment, treatment and consultation to women and their families during the perinatal period, infants and young people to 16 years of age , their families and agencies involved in their care. Duties include;
- Providing psychosocial infant, child and adolescent assessment involving the client, family and engaged agencies
- Engaging and working with the infant/ child/young person’s family in both the assessment and treatment process as informed collaborators in the management of the child/young person during their episode of care
- Working alongside agencies involved in the infants and child’s care, providing consultation where required
*Please be aware that candidates may be contacted prior to the closing date of the position.
What we offer
- 5 weeks annual leave with the option to purchase additional leave
- Career progression and development opportunities within the team and across the service
- Great location – doorstep to the Great Ocean Road, Bellarine Peninsula and the Surf Coast
- Attractive salary packaging benefits!
- Living Expenses capped at $9,010 and includes repayments on mortgages, credit cards, personal loans and rental payments
- Meal Entertainment & Accommodation capped at $2,650 and includes food and drink consumed in a social or entertainment settings and some accommodation expenditure
Diversity and Inclusion
At Barwon Health we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We embrace diverse life experiences and the perspectives of our people, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, religion, cultural background, disability, or sexual orientation.
If we can assist you with any reasonable adjustments in order to submit your application for this role, please contact the Mental Health Recruitment via email at [email protected]
This role must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and influenza and meet the requirements of the Barwon Health immunisation policy.