The Health Hub is proud to introduce its Paediatric Focused Training Program for Psychologists who wish to learn and refine their skills in working with children and adolescents. This program is suitable for therapists with a minimum of 3+ years of experience.
If you have found your passion working in the paediatric (0-18yrs) space and wish to learn MORE techniques, tips and tricks for working with this age group, this is program will is perfect for you. Skills you will refine include:
- Assessment, diagnosis and treatment of mental health conditions
- Assessment, diagnosis and treatment of neurodevelopmental disorders (i.e., Autism Spectrum Disorder, ADHD)
- Creative ideas that they would like to see trialled in their team
- Training in new and/or innovative treatment practices i.e., PACT, Neurofeedback, bone conduction technologies for learning enhancement, groups programs targeting skills development and many more
- Thinking like a transdisciplinary therapist
You will have opportunities to:
- work shadow senior Paediatric Psychologists
- have your cases briefed and debriefed to learn new skills and tools to use in the room by the next appointment
- Have videos of you practice reviewed and feedback provided
- Engage with other senior clinicians to demonstrate in the room with a client how to teach a new skill or technique
If your PASSION extends down to the ECEI space (0-5yrs). Our ECEI coordinator leads projects and initiatives under the innovation stream of the organisation and will welcome your enthusiasm, ideas and dedication to the early years.
Our facilities are unlike any other
Many clinics have old, tired facilities with small pokey rooms. Each one of our 4 clinics has a unique feel with fresh, brand new, state-of-the-art facilities and equipment.
Our clinic at Belmont is tranquil and the first thing you will notice are the historic gum trees (and if you’re lucky, koalas), the beautiful expanse of green lawn, a tranquil clinic that blends in with the native environment, and if you time it right, you may be greeted by our Chickens, dogs, turtles and alpacas.
As you walk into the clinic, you will notice our therapists sitting under trees with clients, playing basketball or table tennis, working in the art studio, transitioning the child to the Engine Room, or helping collect the eggs from the chicken coop.
We are seeking:
- Part time and Full-time salary positions
The Health Hub is a team of clinicians from all different disciplines who work together with joint clients and projects that identify areas of need in the community. You will be provided with access to our full test and resource library. STAP trained supervisors are available for Ed & Dev & Clinical Psychology Endorsement / supervision hours.
Do you meet the following criteria:
- Minimum of 3 years experience
- Full registration as a Psychologist / Mental Health Accredited Social Worker
- Experience with CBT and other therapeutic modalities
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and reflectively
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work collaboratively, communication effectively with other health professionals
- Strong commitment to ongoing professional development and ethical practice
- Strong rapport building skills
- Medicare registered
- A strong interest or experience in working with child & adolescent populations
If you have any questions, please contact the Director, Liz Anderson directly on 0452 225 403.