ProCare Australia are the leading specialist recruitment agency for the community service industry, providing casual, locum and permanent career opportunities.
Our Client is a community service organisation that is committed to supporting children, young people and the community. Their goal is to provide young people with a sense of family, support to heal, a chance to positively connect with others and the opportunity to rebuild their lives.
The role is a permanent, full time position, with the option to work Part Time.
Predominantly WORK FROM HOME – with 1-2 days a week in either the Helensvale or Ipswich office.
The primary role of the Family Reconnection Practitioner is to work alongside families involved with the Department of Child Safety where safety concerns exist.
The Practitioner will work alongside families and provide psychoeducation and practical support to address the worries that exist, with the vision of providing safety to children and families in their homes.
The goal is that by addressing these concerns, children will remain, or be reunified back into their parent’s care without the ongoing need for statutory intervention. However, should this not be possible, the Practitioner may also be required to work with kinship, kith, and fosters carers, upskilling their parenting capacity to prevent placement breakdowns and provide stability to a child in Out of Home Care
- Working collaboratively with Child Safety, families, and their support networks to identify Child Protection Concerns and develop plans that identify how these concerns will be addressed and keep the family and children safe.
- Undertaking risk assessments and assessment of the intervention plan and direction of case engagement, ensuring this is captured through correspondence and service plans.
- Utilise trauma-informed, attachment-based theories to provide psychoeducation and practical support to families, in their home, that strengthen their parenting capacity, provide a positive family environment, promote child development, and meet the safety needs of the children and parents.
- Working alongside parents and providing advocacy and support (where needed) to achieve the safety goals they set for themselves, ensuring they are the drivers of change.
- Working in a high paced workforce and managing a caseload, ensuring all documentation, assessment, and reports are completed within a timely manner.
- Developing strong relationships and networks with relevant stakeholders and partners within the sector.
To Be Successful
- Bachelor Degree in Community Services, Human Services, Social Work, Psychology or similar.
- 2 years’ relevant experience in family support, child protection or similar.
- Current Paid Blue Card that does not expire within three months.
- National Criminal History Check.
- Current Open driver’s License.
- Current First Aid and CPR that does not expire within three months.
- Understanding of child protection legislation.
Covid Vaccination is not a mandatory requirement for this role, but is desirable.
Salary and Benefits
- $82,000 – $86,000PA + Super + Vehicle Package – use the car for personal use also!
- Predominantly WORK FROM HOME – with 1-2 days a week in either the Helensvale or Ipswich office.
- Flexible working hours.
- Work autonomously and make the role your own.
Having a diverse workforce that represents the wider Australian community is very important in Community Services and ProCare Australia actively encourage applications from people with disabilities, from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, LGBTQIA+ people, and all genders.
We recognise the richness of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures and the unique knowledge Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employees bring to the workplace, policy development and programs. We welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
For a confidential chat, reach out to:
Recruitment Consultant | ProCare Australia