ProCare Australia are leaders in Recruitment and Labour Hire for the Community Services sector, providing casual, locum, fixed term contract permanent career opportunities.
ProCare Australia support a number of Not-For-Profit organisations that provide intense, in-home support for vulnerable families. To meet the high demand for support, we are recruiting qualified, flexible, hardworking and experienced Family Support Practitioners who can help provide Intensive In-Home Support to children, young people and families referred by the Department of Children, Youth Justice and Multicultural Affairs.
- Are you an experienced practitioner searching for better work/life balance?
- Are you wanting more control over your schedule?
- We often have requests for a set roster offering consistent shifts, for a number of weeks / months
The Family Support Practitioner plays a key role in the provision of frontline support services to children, young people and families.
You will support implementation of the journey plan that includes key goals and activities to support children, young people and their families achieve the desired outcome, within the home environment and community.
We are recruiting Family Support Practitioners for casual and contract work throughout South East Queensland.
Intervention activities include:
- Parental coaching and support
- Planning and family journey mapping
- Positive behaviour management
- Safety planning and implementation
- Critical incident debriefing and support
- Strengthening cultural and family connection
- Health and wellbeing support and lifestyle coaching
- Work in an environment with families who have high complex behavioural needs.
- Attend family homes to provide support to families utilising a professional practice model.
- Provide advocation and support to families to assist in developing routines, plan daily activities and schedules based on need, problem solve, implement safety planning, utilise behaviour management strategies to assist families in de-escalating situations.
- Provide intensive personal support through a range of interpersonal and life skills ensuring a safe and supportive environment for the family.
- Engage in personal and professional development to maintain an in depth understanding of trauma and attachment, behavioural triggers and responses.
- Implement, maintain and utilise policies, procedures, frameworks and professional boundaries.
- Positive behaviour support strategies and other support strategies as outlined within the families care management documentation to ensure professional boundaries, responses and processes are maintained at all times.
- Facilitate and transport individuals and families to required activities and appointments in line with departmental policies.
To Be Successful
- Preferred Qualifications – Bachelor Degree in Social Work, Human Services, Teaching or similar
- Consideration – Diploma or Certificate IV in Child, Youth and Family with extensive relevant experience
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience in a similar role working with vulnerable children and families
- Experience / specialisation in Domestic and Family Violence is highly regarded
- Drivers License Class ‘C’ (Open)
- Child Safety and Personal History Check (LCS2) or ability to obtain
- Current Blue Card
- Current First Aid and CRP Certificate
- A vehicle with full Comprehensive Car Insurance
- Workers must be willing to travel up to an hour for shifts
Salary and Benefits
The casual hourly rate is:
- $51.90 (base rate 6am – 8pm)
- $58.13 (8pm-6am)
- $72.66 (Saturday rate)
- $93.42 per hour (Sunday rate)
+ 11% Superannuation.
How to Apply
If your application is shortlisted, before you can commence shifts, you will be required to register with ProCare Australia, which involves signing a casual employment contract and providing JP certified copies of your qualifications and probity documents (outlined in the ‘To Be Successful’ section of this ad)