Child & Family Wellbeing Practitioner
We are crafting a team of change-makers and we want you!
People who are crazy enough to want to change the world are the ones to do so. Join our revolutionary new approach to building healthy communities.
Primary Role: Child & Family Wellbeing Practitioner
Work Location: Nambour, Queensland
Employment Type: Permanent part time, 4 days (30, 32 or 34hrs)
Salary Range: $32 – $41 per hour
Qualification & Experience: Certificate, Diploma or Degree in Community/Social Services and/or 2 years as a Foster Care worker or in the Child Protection System
Reports to: Team Leader
- Implementing 5 elements of the Child Placement Principles
- Preparing, engaging and facilitating Family Lead Decision Making meetings
- Receiving calls from individuals interested in fostering
- Completing home assessment following departmental Home Assessment Guide, which includes face-to-face interviews
- Placement assessment to provide appropriate placement for children where their needs are matched to the foster homes skills
- Negotiate, plan and coordinate placement for children
- Facilitate conflict resolution between foster parents and department staff
- Educate foster families regarding all systems/programs that impact them the foster child (child protection, court system, youth justice, adoption, licensing, etc)
COME ON YOU MOB HAVE A GO!
Closing date: Friday 5th August 2022
Due to the high volume of applications, only successful applicants will be contacted.