- Fantastic opportunity to play a vital role in a vibrant, agile agency, supporting a team of experienced Child and Family Workers.
- Share your knowledge and expertise, bringing your passion for supporting families within the community.
- 12 Month, Fulltime Role
- Thomastown based (Wurundjeri Country)
With a proud history and a progressive mindset, Kids First is a leading provider of educational, family and support services for children and families in Melbourne. We are at the forefront of responding to community needs and strengthening families so that children can thrive. Our programs are evidence-based and built on more than 120 years of service.
About the Role/Opportunity:
The primary purpose of the Senior Child and Family Worker position in Family Services is to work directly with individuals and families to provide complex case management support. This work will include utilising a therapeutic approach to all work with parents, children, and family systems, and may include a component of group-work sessions. The individual will be responsible for delivery of services including community outreach, engagement programs, and to ensure early intervention and accessibility of family support to most vulnerable children and families is achieved.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Tertiary qualifications in social work, psychology, child and family social welfare or related discipline.
- Demonstrated experience, expertise, and commitment to working in the child and family services welfare sector.
- Demonstrated skills and ability to conduct comprehensive casework risk and needs assessments with clearly articulated recommendations
- Demonstrated personal value set that is aligned with organisational values and a commitment to personal professional development
- Demonstrated understanding and capability for working with diversity of clients and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to apply organisational practice models, procedures, theoretical frameworks, and relevant legislation when working with clients
As a member of the Kids First team you will:
- Be part of a collaborative and outcomes focused culture of an independent, not-for-profit organisation that has a legacy of more than 120 years community service
- Take home an attractive salary with the option to salary package to increase take home pay
- Be nurtured in your career, including professional development in specialist evidence-based models, such as Promoting First Relationships (PFR)
- Have access to flexible work options and our staff wellbeing program
Only applications submitted via our website will be considered.Please include a Cover letter outlining the position title and response addressing the selection criteria & a copy of the Curriculum Vitae which must list two professional referees.
For inquiries about the position:
- Chris Fagan, Team Leader Family Services Thomastown Phone number: 9450 0900
Kids First is an Equal Opportunity employer that respects and values diversity and inclusion. Kids First welcomes everyone to apply, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, and physical ability.
Kids First is a Child Safe Organisation, employment is conditional on satisfactory referee checks, a current Working with Children Check, National Criminal History check, proof of the right to work in Australia, and a pre-employment medical (if applicable).
To apply for this job go to: https://kidsfirst.recruitmenthub.com.au/Careers & enter ref code: 6407852. Applications close 21 August 2023