The child safety support officer key responsibilities are:
• Ensure that service delivery is consistent with departmental policies and procedures, departmental objectives and current trends.
• Provide culturally appropriate prevention, early intervention, and family support strategies to children and families including referral, provision of information, advocacy and consultation.
• Consult with relevant stakeholders and negotiate with service providers to design, implement and maintain appropriate casework and individualised service plans that link clients to the services and supports they require.
• Liaise and develop links with relevant stakeholders including families, community agencies and relevant government departments.
• Participate effectively as a team member in a multidisciplinary team.
• Develop and maintain knowledge relevant to the role, and actively participate in appropriate learning and development processes.
• Prepare reports and maintain accessible and clear case records consistent with departmental case management requirements.
• Enhance the local regional community by actively practicing and promoting excellence in service delivery and public administration and identifying opportunities for improving regional client service.
Applications to remain current for 12 months.
Job Ad Reference: QLD/512027/23
Closing Date: Tuesday, 26th September 2023