Employment Type: Temporary Part Time until 26 May 2024
Position Classification: Dependent on Qualifications
Remuneration: Dependent on Qualifications
Hours Per Week: 23
Requisition ID: REQ431015
Salary (per hour):
Clinical Psychologist: $51.47 – $63.12
Allied Health Professional (Level 3): $53.00 – $54.78
Clinical Nurse Specialist (Grade 2): $53.32 – $55.07
Who we are: We are a health service that touches thousands of lives across the Northern Sydney Local Health District, together as a team of like-minded people. We are passionate, driven and have the skills and knowledge to care for our patients whilst creating the best services possible. Our teams have meaningful, interesting and rewarding work everyday. We challenge and nurture each other, sharing our knowledge and experience so that we can deliver better care for everyone There’s a real sense of belonging here because we value and respect our patients, employees, and teams’ voices. You’ll feel a real privilege being a trusted caregiver in our patients, their families, their carers, and our communities’ lives
Where you’ll be working
Hornsby Child & Youth Mental Health Service.
What you’ll be doing
The CYMHS community service provides a comprehensive range of assessment and treatments for infants, children and adolescents affected by moderate to severe or complex mental health problems, or experiencing significant emotional and behavioural problems. The team also provides consultation liaison mental health services for children and adolescents presenting to Hospital Emergency Departments and inpatient wards.
Working with the multidisciplinary team and in partnership with other service providers, the CYMHS clinician provides mental health assessment and therapy for children and adolescents with severe and complex mental health problems and their families. This involves evidence-based assessment and treatment through individual, family, parenting and group therapy programs. Participation in group programs may require some late afternoon and early evening work.
People of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander background encouraged to apply.
Candidates will need to meet the following criteria:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Clinical Psychology, Social Work, Occupational Therapy or Nursing with current full registration with APRHA (or for Social Work membership of relevant professional body). Clinical Psychologists need to hold master’s degree or higher in Clinical Psychology. Clinical Nurse Specialists must have relevant post-registration qualifications and at least 3 years’ experience working in the clinical area of their specified post-graduate qualification. Social Workers and Occupational Therapists require relevant clinical experience with minimum at Level 2.
- Relevant clinical mental health experience in a community setting which includes working with children and/or adolescents and their families.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in the assessment, formulation and treatment of infant, child and adolescent mental health problems and family relationship problems.
Need more information?
1) Click here for the Position Description
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Christopher Taylor on [email protected] or 02 9485 6155
All NSW Health workers are required to have two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine, as defined by NSW Health. Employees working in a clinical area or are required to attend clinical areas are considered category A. Category A positions are required to provide evidence of having received three doses of COVID-19 vaccine in accordance with the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation (TGA) and meet the requirements of the Occupational Assessment Screening and Vaccination Against Specified Infectious Diseases Policy Directive.
Acceptable proof of vaccination is the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) Immunisation History Statement or AIR COVID-19 Digital Certificate.
Applications Close: 20 September 2023