- Part time position (between 38 to 60.8 fortnightly hours) fixed term contract to 30 June 2024
- Competitive annual salary + Super + Leave Loading + Salary Packaging* (to increase your take home pay – plus benefits if relocating from Regional SA or interstate)
- Located in Berri
Join a role best suited to your level of skill and be part of a specialist team focused on therapeutic support for children impacted by homelessness, family domestic violence and relational trauma.
You’re welcome at RASA
Our belief in the transformative power of relationships lies at the heart of everything we do.
You will be joining an inclusive, supportive and welcoming culture. Relationships Australia South Australia (RASA) Values are Diversity, Respect, Belonging and Learning and this is reflected in the way we work and treat each other. Our teams embrace people from a wide range of cultures, backgrounds, beliefs, sexual and gender identities. We understand that your relationships are important, so we believe in being flexible, where possible, to support you to balance your work and personal commitments.
Who we are looking for
We are willing to match this role to your level of experience and qualification, and you can opt to be considered for a Children’s Therapeutic Worker or Senior Children’s Therapeutic Worker position.
To be successful as a Children’s Therapeutic Worker, you will need:
- Bachelor’s Degree (AQF Level 7) in Early Childhood, Social Work, Social Science, Human Services, Psychology, Health, Occupational Therapy or Midwifery OR a Certificate (AQF Level 4) or Diploma (AQF Level 5) in in Counselling, Infant Mental Health, Childhood Trauma and in delivering evidence based parenting programs with significant relevant experience.
- Experience in working therapeutically with children.
To be successful as a Senior Children’s Therapeutic Worker, you will need:
- An appropriate Degree (AQF Level7) – Psychology, Early Childhood, Social Work, Counselling, Youth work, Nursing, Mental Health.
- Previous experience in a relevant industry – Therapeutic or clinical services, early childhood education, therapeutic youth work, crisis or early intervention services.
- Experience in working with families and children experiencing domestic violence.
- Understanding of the effects of trauma on children and adults.
- Experience in working with Aboriginal communities, families and services.
What you will be doing
Working with a team based in Adelaide, you will also have access to a wide group of colleagues in the Berri office. Your day to day will include tasks where you:
- Undertake intake interviews and child focused assessment processes of children and their care givers, referred to Together4Kids.
- Provide customised therapeutic programs in their homes, other agencies or other locations to individual children by undertaking responsibility for a case load.
- Work collaboratively within the team to develop clinical practice, therapeutic approaches, program methodologies, case management strategies, and establish effective and suitable referrals for families.
- Contribute to the development of and facilitate group programs for children as required.
For more information you can read the full Position Descriptions for each level of the role:
If this role is what you are looking for, we’d love to hear from you.
Enquiries: Any enquiries can be addressed to Karina Mitchell on 0405 100 331.
Relationships Australia South Australia is a Child Safe and Equal Opportunity Employer
Please note that the services provided at RASA sites mean that our employees need to follow some specific requirements:
- A satisfactory DHS Working with Children Check
- A satisfactory National Criminal History Check
- Have had the three TGA approved and recognised COVID vaccine doses and provide the certificate. If you can’t comply, you are encouraged to have a confidential conversation with the hiring manager about your individual circumstances.
*How Salary Packaging can increase your take home pay
Salary packing is an entitlement granted by the Federal Government to workers in approved non-government and health organisations. Salary Packaging can increase your take home salary by creating tax free earnings. In effect, $15,899 of your wage can be paid tax free in each fringe benefit tax year. This ‘tax free’ amount is in addition to the tax-free threshold of $18,200 for income.
Follow the link to the Salary Packaging information provided by AccessPay, our chosen provider, to find out more.
Relationships Australia South Australia (RASA) is a not-for-profit, secular, community organisation, helping people to overcome difficulties and bring about positive change in their lives. We offer services for families, couples and individuals of all ages, backgrounds and abilities. To find out more about RASA go to rasa.org.au.