headspace has an exciting opportunity for a motivated and experienced Clinical and Operations Manager to oversee our established Bankstown team!
The position available is:
- Full-time (76 hours per fortnight)
- Working Monday to Friday
- Located in Bankstown
- Attractive remuneration package from $99,500 – $127,500 p.a. (commensurate with experience) + 11% Super + Salary Packaging!
About headspace and Flourish Australia
headspace is the National Youth Mental Health Foundation providing early intervention mental health services to young people aged 12-25 years who present with mental health issues, along with assistance in promoting young peoples’ wellbeing. This covers four core areas: mental health, physical health, work and study support and alcohol and other drug services.
Flourish Australia is one of Australia’s most experienced community mental health organisations. Our services are comprehensive and highly personalised because each person’s experience will be different and their needs, as an individual, are unique. Together we set goals, connect individuals with the right people, support services and opportunities to meet their needs.
About the Opportunity
We are looking for a highly motivated and dynamic person to facilitate excellence in integrated holistic health care, with the goal of improving outcomes for young people who access the service and the wider community.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Provide supervision and leadership to clinical staff, monitor staff performance and development
- Lead, develop, oversee implementation & evaluate delivery of services to young people (12-25 years) and their families/carers including:
- Early detection and intervention of mental health problems and substance use disorders;
- Community awareness programs;
- Education and training activities; and
- Programs for social recovery and economic participation;
- Oversee the day-to-day clinical operation of the service.
- Promote evidence-based clinical practice, facilitate regular clinical review meetings and multi-disciplinary team meetings, and demonstrate active leadership in the clinical decision-making process regarding the care of young people attending the centre.
- Overseeing and managing the headspace service to engage relevant sectors and partners in an integrated model of care
- Tertiary qualifications in Psychology, Social Work, Nursing, Occupational Therapy or other allied health discipline recognised by the tertiary mental health services sector, and eligibility for membership of an appropriate professional body; and eligibility to register with Medicare Australia as an MBS Primary Care provider or an Allied Mental Health Professional provider.
- Minimum 3 years experience and demonstrated skills in clinical supervision and training to deliver clinical interventions in the management of young people experiencing mental health issues.
- Relevant post registration clinical experience in mental health in a community setting.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to manage and develop operational systems for a health or community services organisation.
- Knowledge of Bankstown youth/health sectors.
Full criteria and position description is available within the application.
About the Benefits
- Attractive remuneration package
- Tax-Free Salary Packaging available up to $15,900
- Generous leave provisions including 17.5% leave loading+ 2 additional days of personal leave+ extra day paid leave over Christmas/New Year + paid parental leave + Accrued Days Off
- Family-friendly and flexible working conditions
- Opportunities for professional development and training such as Mental Health First Aid, ASIST and relevant Leadership training (where applicable)
- Comprehensive infrastructure including mobile phone, laptop and other resources for work purposes
- Access to our free, confidential employee assistance program
- Inclusive initiatives such as our Rainbow Network and YarnUp for Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander staff
- Exclusive personal Fleet pricing discounts with our preferred automotive supplier
- Employee discounts at 350+ popular retailers (Woolworths, Expedia, Myer, Kmart etc)
All successful applicants will be asked to provide evidence they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including booster) prior to commencement, inline with Flourish Australia’s Vaccination Policy.
Applications close 5pm, 8th September.