Youturn is a national not-for-profit which delivers Health and Community Services to vulnerable people of all ages across Australia. Trusted to deliver safe, inclusive, and supportive programs, Youturn ensures that those we support can have access to secure and affordable housing and enjoy optimal mental well-being, allowing them to thrive and live a healthy, meaningful life.
In the past year alone, Youturn has provided support to nearly 10,000 individuals through a diverse range of health and community service initiatives. These programs encompass:
- Mental Health: Providing clinical and non-clinical support services to young people to manage their mental health.
- Suicide Prevention: Supporting people and communities bereaved or impacted by suicide.
- Child Safety: Providing children and young people with safe and caring environments.
- Homelessness: Delivering sustainable housing for those in need in our communities.
As Clinical Lead of a Youth Enhanced Service (YES) you will provide clinical leadership and oversight for the centre through the provision of complex clinical case service delivery, professional leadership and supervision. You will assist in the creation of an environment that promotes excellence in integrated youth health and support with a focus on youth participation, access, and family-focused care.
The Clinical Lead will oversee the referral processes in and out of the centre, providing a single point of entry for the service. You will provide a range of support to the Clinical Manager to monitor high risk young people and ensure that appropriate assessment, management and follow up support/referral is provided.
Please respond to each of the following criteria in your cover letter:
- Tertiary qualifications in Psychology, Social Work, Occupational Therapy or Nursing.
- Hold full registration with AHPRA as a Psychologist, Nurse or Occupational Therapist (with mental health endorsement) or as an AASW Accredited Mental Health Social Worker.
- Minimum of 5 years’ clinical practice in mental health treatment and care.
- High level knowledge and understanding of youth mental health, evidence-based interventions and clinical practice, as well as demonstrated excellence in the practical application of such, in the areas of youth mental health and alcohol and drug use.
- Demonstrated ability to undertake initial screening activities and a comprehensive assessment to determine a young person’s clinical care needs and provide appropriate follow up support.
- Experience undertaking comprehensive mental health/risk assessments within a clinical context, and applying appropriate strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team of clinicians and provide supervision.
- Desirable: Knowledge and understanding of local youth mental health stakeholders and key relationships in these sectors.
- Desirable: Knowledge of Youth Enhanced Service Model (Orygen) and an understanding of trauma informed practice.
- This position will require travel, telehealth and home visit modes of service delivery and overnight stays.
- Successful applicants will also need to hold a ‘C’ class Open driver licence, State Working with Children Check and hold, or be eligible to apply for, a Licensed Care Suitability Check issued by the QLD Department of Child Safety, Youth Justice and Multicultural Affairs.
Why join Youturn?
- Benefits & Leave: Enjoy additional wellbeing benefits including corporate fitness discounts and Birthday Leave!
- Salary Packaging: Maximise your income by increasing your take home pay.
- Culture & Values: Supporting young people in their time of need, is at the heart of what we do at Youturn. Our organisational culture is built on trusting relationships that are meaningful and inclusive. We listen to understand, we embrace diversity and we offer a safe space free from judgement.
To ensure our young people receive individualised support, we invest in team members who embody our values to foster a collaborative culture of excellence.
We’d love to meet you!
If you have the skills, experience and passion to fit our team, please take the next step and apply by submitting your resume and cover letter.
For everyone who shares our passion
We encourage applications from people of all ages, nationalities, abilities and cultures – including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, the LGBTQI+ community and people living with disability.
Please note that shortlisted candidates will be interviewed as applications are received.