We are leaders in mental health service delivery, specialising in working with adults and young people, and in early childhood intervention.
Stride is a name that expresses our ambition – it’s a name that’s purposeful and shows awareness of the important role we play in the recovery journey.
As we embark on our next stage, join us to make a difference. We’re here to Stride.
About the service:
headspace Centres act as a one-stop-shop for young people who need help with mental health, physical health, alcohol and other drugs and/or work and study support.
- Based in Ipswich
- Full-time & Fixed-term (10-month contract commencing July 2023)
- Excellent base salary plus Super
- Salary packaging options (up to $15,899 tax free!!)
- Meals and entertainment allowance of up to $2,650!!
- Leave loading at 17.5%
- Flexible working conditions
- One paid wellbeing leave day per year
- Stride Rewards – access to discounts from 100s of retailers (fashion, food and fitness)
- Excellent training & career development
The Clinical Manager role has responsibility for the provision of clinical leadership and management to the site based team members (excluding Community Engagement). The focus of this role is on the day to day delivery of excellence in quality care provision, ensuring all clinical governance and compliance targets are implemented and met, as well as supporting innovation and quality improvement to ensure evidence-based outcomes for young people accessing the service.
- Must have one of the following: Full AHPRA registration as a Psychologist, Clinical Psychologist, Occupational Therapist or Mental Health Nurse, OR AASW registration as an Accredited Mental Health Social Worker
- Experience in the management of a multi-disciplinary service delivery team incl. the ability to lead the coordination of care for young people with complex needs including consultation and engagement with a wide range of professionals
- Knowledge & understanding of the theory underpinning evidence-based interventions & clinical practice as well as demonstrated excellence in the practical application of such, in the areas of youth mental health and alcohol and drug use.
- Highly developed communication (including written) and interpersonal skills
- The ability to engage with young people, advocate on their behalf and establish and maintain effective relationships with staff, clients, families & friends and stakeholders.
- Experience in the use of electronic client/customer management systems, ability to use a desktop computer, and experience with Microsoft Office applications
- Must be eligible to apply/currently hold a Blue Card
- Must hold/be willing to apply for NDIS worker screening clearance
Vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for all positions and is in accordance with Stride policy. As part of the recruitment process Stride requests evidence of vaccination status (in accordance with privacy principles) to ensure compliance with this policy requirement.
Stride is an inclusive workplace and we encourage applications from diverse backgrounds. This includes but is not limited to people with a lived-experience of mental health recovery, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, LGBTQIA+, and people with disabilities.
To apply complete the online application form, attach a copy of your CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the available role.
Closing date for applications: Applications will be viewed and actioned upon receipt, with a final closing date of 25 September 2023.
For queries email [email protected].