- Looking to make a difference to child and family wellbeing?
- How would you like to contribute to strengthening father-child relationships through supporting effective and targeted intervention with fathers?
- This is your opportunity to play a vital role within our Caring Dads program
- Full time ongoing role available, with part time (0.8 FTE) considered
- Located in Heidelberg (Wurundjeri Country)
Why work with us?
With a proud history and a progressive mindset, Kids First is a leading provider of educational, family and support services for children and families in Melbourne. We are at the forefront of responding to community needs and strengthening families so that children can thrive. Our programs are evidence-based and built on more than 125 years of service.
Our Caring Dads program is an intervention program for fathers who have abused, neglected or exposed their children to domestic violence, or who are deemed to be at high-risk of these behaviours. The program consists of an empirically based, manualised group parenting intervention for fathers, and collaborative case management of fathers informed by the Family Violence Recovery practitioner, existing service providers and other professionals.
What will you be doing?
The primary purpose of the Clinical Practitioner position is to provide child and family wellbeing work that focusses on safety, support and recovery for family members, and supporting effective and targeted intervention with fathers. The focus of the role will be to use an integrated, coordinated model to strengthen father-child relationships and improve the safety of women and children; an approach which considers the safety, needs and goals of all members of the family.
Thinking of applying? Here’s what we’re looking for:
- A tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Community Services, Counselling, Casework Practice, or a related field
- High level of experience and skills in training, clinical supervision and co-facilitating therapeutic group work
- Demonstrated experience working with fathers who use or are at risk of using family violence
- Excellent understanding of current family violence theories and practice frameworks
- Experience in working therapeutically with men who use violence where there is a history of trauma
- Demonstrated capability to network and build productive relationships with stakeholders both inside and outside organisational boundaries
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in the use of current theoretical approaches and best practice for working with families where family violence has occurred.
Why read on? As a member of the Kids First team you’ll:
- Be part of a collaborative and outcomes focused culture of an independent, not-for-profit organisation with a legacy in community service.
- Take home an attractive salary with the option to salary package to increase take home pay.
- Get 3 additional leave days at Christmas; we know how important it is to spend time with family.
- Access to purchased leave and portable long service leave options.
- Have the option to accrue RDOs.
- Work at our Heidelberg location, close to great transport, parks/Yarra trail and good cafes.
- Have access to flexible work options and our staff wellbeing program.
So don’t delay, apply now!
Only applications submitted via our website will be considered.
Please include a Cover Letter and a copy of your Curriculum Vitae. To view the full Position Description and to apply, please visit the Kids First website at https://www.kidsfirstaustralia.org.au/careers/
For inquiries about the position:
Kids First is an Equal Opportunity employer that respects and values diversity and inclusion. Kids First welcomes everyone to apply, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, and physical ability.
Kids First is a Child Safe Organisation, employment is conditional on satisfactory referee checks, a current Working with Children Check, National Criminal History check, proof of the right to work in Australia and a pre-employment medical (if applicable).
To apply for this job go to: https://kidsfirst.recruitmenthub.com.au/Careers & enter ref code: 6432284.
Applications close 13 September 2023