The Clinical worker will deliver a ‘no wrong door’ policy where referral into the service will lead to a timely eligibility intake process. The worker will adopt case management and care coordination approaches and deliver culturally appropriate psychosocial interventions in community based, non-residential settings.
Some telephone/online options may be offered to complement face to face interventions as necessary or as clinically indicated as part of an agreed treatment plan.
The Clinical worker will be responsible to operate within the framework and principles of harm minimisation as articulated in National Drug Strategy 2017-2026, the National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples’ Drug Strategy (2014-19) and the Queensland Alcohol and Other Drug Treatment Service Delivery Framework 2015 (and subsequent revisions of these documents)
The clinical worker will;
- recognise the spectrum of substance use and stages of change
- work with clients across all stages of substance use
- respond to the full range of psychoactive substances available (including alcohol, tobacco, licit and illicit drug use, pharmaceutical drug misuse, emerging synthetics, poly drug use)
- consider the support needs of the client and their family, including dependent children.
- respond to the method of use and associated risk factors, in recognition of the fact that drug use trends change rapidly
- flexibly meet clients’ and needs varying including ways to maximise participation such as outreach, and hours of operation.
The Clinical worker works within a team and has accountability and responsibility for delivering a professional service that aims to meet benchmarks set for the program.
Core components of the role will include intake, screening and assessment, treatment planning, brief interventions, counselling using endorsed therapeutic approached, harm reduction education and information, referral to other services, discharge planning and post-treatment support. Counselling may include group and individual sessions.
How to apply for this job
Expression of Interest must include the following to be considered for the position:
- Cover letter
- Selection Criteria
Email application to: [email protected]