We are seeking a compassionate skilled and dedicated clinician from an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background to join our dynamic team. As an organisation committed to fostering the holistic well-being of our First Nations people, we offer a unique opportunity to provide culturally sensitive clinical, social, emotional, and spiritual support. This role involves working both as part of our Employee Assistance Program and working within organisations that have a significant First Nations employee base.
In this pivotal role, you will engage with people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities across Australia, offering a range of support services. Your responsibilities will encompass counselling, coaching, facilitating training. You will also contribute to designing educational training packages for our clients.
Role can be based anywhere in Australia
This position is identified for Aboriginal and Torres Srait Islander people and exemption is claimed under 14d of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW) Applicants must demonstrate Aboriginality in addition to addressing the selection criteria.
- Provide culturally sensitive mental health and well-being support to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander individuals.
- Offer counselling and coaching as part of our Employee Assistance Program.
- Collaborate with organisations to improve workplace well-being by making informed suggestions to management, facilitating training, and conducting group sessions.
- Contribute to the design and delivery of educational training packages for our clients.
- Maintain a holistic view of health and ensure culturally competent services are delivered to both Aboriginal and Non-Aboriginal people.
- Full registration as a Psychologist (AHPRA) or Social Worker (AASW) or Counsellor (PACFA Clinical Member/ACA Level 3 or above).
- Proven experience in providing mental health and well-being support to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander individuals, either through direct clinical work or community engagement.
- Deep understanding of the cultural, historical, familial, and societal factors influencing the mental health of First Nations people.
- Additional expertise, knowledge, and skills derived from your social and cultural background.
- Strong skills in short-term counselling and psychological first aid.
- Ability to manage mental health issues such as depression, anxiety, and grief and loss.
- Proficiency in working with various presentations using valid clinical frameworks.
- Comfort with technology and digital modalities.
What we offer :
- Flexible work arrangement to suit your lifestyle.
- Contribute to the delivery of proactive employee mental health and related services in a sector that has a critical impact on the health, well-being and welfare of others.
- Membership with the Mental Health Academy includes access to over 350+ courses that contributes to your Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
- Partner across a whole range of different industry sectors delivering best-in-class learning & development solutions.
- Engage in a range of diverse and rewarding work and career growth.
- Competitive salary, employee benefits and much more.
TELUS Health and LifeWorks have recently come together to leverage the power of technology and our caring cultures to further progress our shared goal of building a healthier and friendlier future for all. As a global-leading health and well-being provider – encompassing physical, mental and financial health – TELUS Health is improving health outcomes for consumers, patients, healthcare professionals, employers and employees.
*Proper completion of probity checks and adherence to State/Territory public health orders is required as part of the recruitment process for all TELUS Health roles.
We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a safe work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We celebrate and embrace diversity in all its forms and have a zero-tolerance policy for violence, including domestic and family violence.
*To be eligible to apply you must hold existing Australian work rights.