- Full-time contract until June 2024, based at headspace Knox
- Working across schools in the North-East Metropolitan region
- Attractive Salary + Super + Salary Packaging benefits of up to $18,550
headspace is the National Youth Mental Health Foundation with EACH being one of the lead agencies. Each year, we help thousands of young people, and their family and friends, access vital support through our headspace services in over 145 communities across Australia, our online and phone counselling services, our vocational services, and our presence in schools.
Are you passionate about supporting the mental health and well-being of young people? headspace is looking for a dedicated School Support Clinician to join our team. As part of our multidisciplinary approach to mental healthcare, you will provide clinical triage, intake, support, advocacy, assessment, and brief intervention services to enhance the physical and mental health outcomes of young individuals in the community.
As the primary contact for selected schools in the Banyule area, you will work closely with schools, Doncaster Youth Services, and the headspace teams in Greensborough, Knox, and Lilydale. Conducting comprehensive assessments and risk evaluations, you will formulate referral and recovery plans, manage a case load of young clients, and coordinate referrals to ensure a coordinated and holistic approach to their care.
With your expertise and commitment, you will work collaboratively with headspace staff, allied health professionals, agencies, and members of the community to ensure that students receive the care and support they need.
To view a copy of the full Position Description, click here.
As the School Support Clinician, you will be adept in working as part of a multidisciplinary team and will be an experienced professional with considerable knowledge and experience in mental health service provision, health service delivery and community engagement.
- A minimum tertiary qualification in Psychology, Counselling, or Social Work
- Registration with AHPRA, ACA, PACFA, AASW, or eligibility for membership with the relevant associations in your field
What we offer
EACH is the Lead Agency for headspace. At EACH you’ll be supported to be your best.
- Internal professional development calendar
- Flexible work arrangements to support a positive work-life balance
- Professional development, mentoring and access to evidence-based resources
- Competitive salary based on qualifications and experience
- Generous not-for-profit salary packaging of up to $15,900 tax-free income per year
- Up to $2,650 additional tax-free money to spend towards meals entertainment
- Opportunities for internal career progression across QLD, NSW, ACT, and VIC
- Access to large, well-resourced working facilities including free on-site parking
- Support through a comprehensive Employee Assistance Program
- The opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Novated leasing arrangements
We look forward to learning more about you and what you can bring to this role. Please attach a cover letter with your resume.
If you’d like more information, please contact Sharon Patton, Clinical Manager – headspace Knox & Lilydale, at [email protected]
Applications close Friday 18th August 2023
** Please note that applications will be reviewed as they are received. Interviews may take place during the advertising period – so don’t miss out and apply today! **
~ We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant ~
*Our Diversity & Inclusion Commitment*
At EACH, we aim to ensure every individual is treated with dignity and respect regardless of their cultural background, ability, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, spirituality, or religion. We welcome and strongly encourage applications from diverse backgrounds and people with lived experience to apply.
EACH is committed to creating a culturally safe environment that values and supports Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people(s); where culture and heritage is acknowledged, and respected, as being core to their existence. We recognise and respect the unique culture and contribution that Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people bring to our communities. We welcome and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People.