Founded in 1881 by the Marist Brothers, St Joseph’s College is a boarding and day secondary boys’ school, whose Catholic identity is shaped by Marist spirituality and traditions. Governed by Marist Schools Australia, the College enrolment is approximately 1,100 students.
Ongoing, Part-time, 3 days per week (0.6 F/T)
The College seeks an experienced and energetic psychologist to support the wellbeing of students at the College. The position includes individual and family counselling with strong liaison with staff and external health professionals. The successful applicant will hold qualifications as a registered or provisional psychologist. Experience working with adolescents in a multi-stake holder environment is highly desirable.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate:
- A commitment to the ethos of a Catholic College community in the Marist tradition
- Counselling experience with adolescents and their families
- An understanding of the issues surrounding the wellbeing of boys
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- An ability to work confidentially under the direction of the Headmaster and those staff with delegated responsibility
Benefits of working at St Jospeh’s include:
- Working within a vibrant and collaborative Wellbeing Team
- Ongoing professional learning opportunities
- Regular internal and external supervision
- Substantial paid leave
The successful applicant will work in a modern work environment, with a very positive and supportive culture, located close to public transport and free parking. Some of the benefits include a competitive salary with salary packaging options, access to our state-of-the-art Aquatic and Fitness Centre, weekly yoga classes, professional development and complementary lunch provided daily.
Further information, including a comprehensive role description and details regarding the application process, is available on the College website www.joeys.org
Applications should reach the College by 11 October 2023
Child protection screening procedures apply