Our client is seeking community and peer advisors to work in their veterans mental health services in Canberra. The role of Community and Peer Advisor requires someone with lived experience of mental health issues and Australian Defence Force (ADF) service, as either an ex-ADF member or partner/carer of a current or ex-ADF member (spouse, ex-partner or widow/widower). The position entails using one’s lived experience to respectfully support and educate clients, consumers and stakeholders about strengths-based, recovery oriented practices and community support services.:
- Long term stable positions.
- Great pay ($54ph + Super)
- Full time available Guaranteed.
This role would suit anyone looking to utilise their mental health experiences to improve the life and well being of others experiencing mental health challenges..
- Lived experience of mental health issues and ADF service, as either an ex-ADF member or partner/carer of a current serving or ex-ADF member (spouse, ex-partner or widow/widower).
- Ability to respectfully and effectively utilise this experience to promote a recovery focused approach to support others
- Willingness to undertake relevant training and professional development, including completion of certificate IV in Mental Health Peer Work
- Working with Children (WWC) and/or Vulnerable People Checks/Clearance must be obtained prior to commencing in the position.
If you meet the criteria and feel this is the opportunity for you, please apply immediately, attaching your latest CV.
Senior Recruitment Consultant
Level 6, 444 Queen St, Brisbane, QLD, 4000
Tel (Office): +61 (0) 7 3210 6332
Tel (Direct): +61 (0) 7 3724 0493
Fax: +61 (0) 7 3054 0502
Email: [email protected]