• $50.00 – $55.00 per hour
• Full time, 37.5 hour a week role
• Long term contracts
ACM Healthcare is working on behalf of a Federal Government Department to source a Community and Peer Advisor to work within the veteran community. The role is based in Launceston, TAS.
The role of Community and Peer Advisor requires someone with lived experience of mental health issues and Australian Defense Force (ADF) service, as either an ex-ADF member or partner/carer of a current or ex-ADF member (spouse, ex-partner, or widow/widower). The position entails using one’s lived experience to respectfully support and educate clients, consumers and stakeholders about strengths-based, recovery-oriented practices and community support services.
• Provide individual and personalized peer support services to current and former ADF members and their families in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Collaboratively identify client goals and develop an individualized Action Plan to identify strengths and measure progress.
• Exhibit behaviors that promote mental health recovery and wellness, role modelling resilience and adaptability for client, community, and stakeholder education and engagement.
• Work with key internal and external stakeholders to influence a recovery approach to service delivery for veterans, current ADF and their families.
• Participate in program evaluation and research activities, strategic direction, and quality improvement, particularly in relation to community engagement activities.
• Lived experience of mental health issues and ADF service, as either an ex-ADF member or partner/carer of a current serving or ex-ADF member (spouse, ex-partner or widow/widower).
• Certificate IV qualification in Mental Health Peer Work, or a willingness to obtain certification is desirable.
• Working with Children (WWC) and/or Vulnerable People Checks/Clearance must be obtained prior to commencing in the position.
• Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check (if successful)