Community Awareness Officer
Would you like the opportunity to work for a leading youth mental health organisation?
headspace Launceston is seeking a dynamic, independent suitably experienced person.
About the role
The position will involve working alongside the headspace Youth Reference Group, providing information and education about headspace to schools and community organisations. There is also a requirement to be able to network and liaise with NGOs and government organisations to promote the service.
This is a crucial role within the headspace team, reporting directly to the headspace Launceston Centre Manager.
• Assist in the organisation and delivery of relevant community events and activities such as headspace training activities, community events, promotional days/weeks
• Design and coordinate events for target groups to increase the profile of headspace and deliver key messages
• Produce documents and promotional material of a professional standard that comply with branding policy, suitable for external communication to a variety of target audiences
What you’ll need
- Minimum of Diploma in Community Services and/or equivalent experience in developing and implementing community-based events and programs
- High level experience in the use of social media to communicate with target groups and promote community-based activities, events and programs
• Tertiary qualifications in Health Promotion, Public Health, Community Development, Social/Behavioural Science, Social Work/Planning or a related discipline
What’s on offer?
• Full salary packaging for car, mortgage or rent
• Individual Professional Development
• Employee Assistance Program
• Additional 3 day’s leave between Christmas and New Year
• Birthday Leave
For a confidential discussion or to obtain a copy of the Position Description including the Selection Criteria, please contact Centre Manager, Cate Willis on 6335 3100 during business hours.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please send
• a cover letter, briefly addressing the Selection Criteria
• a copy of your current CV
Applications close 5.00pm Friday 1st September 2023