Employment Type: Permanent or Temporary Full Time, 38 hours per week
Location: Bankstown Community Mental Health Service
Position Classification: Occupational Therapist Level 1/2, Social Work Level 1/2, Registered Nurse, Psychologist
Occupational Therapist Level 1-2: $33.62 – $49.27 per hour
Social Worker Level 1-2: $33.62 – $49.27 per hour
Registered Nurse: $33.97 – $47.69 per hour
Psychologist: $35.92 – $77.11 per hour
- Are you looking to make the move into NSW Health?
- We are looking for talented clinicians who want to join our team! Prior experience in relevant roles from the private sector can be reviewed towards commencing salary level (subject to approval).
- Temporary contract opportunities also open for visa holders; are you seeking work in community mental health but don’t have your permanent residency as yet?
Previous applicants need not apply
About The Opportunity
We are excited to be recruiting Occupational Therapists, Social Workers, Registered Nurses and Psychologists to become part of a team of professionals that support people living within the community with mental health issues.
What We can Offer You:
- An opportunity to work in a supportive and collaborative environment where initiative and hard work are recognised
- Further education and development to support your growth as a clinician through our Foundations of Community Mental Health program
- Access to an additional day off (ADO) for full time employees, as well as other benefits such as salary packaging, novated leasing and Fitness Passport
- Opportunity to progress and develop into senior clinical positions, as well as team leader positions
- A conveniently located office in the heart of Bankstown CBD (not the hospital), a short walk away from public transport and free public parking
We have a current opportunity in the Assertive Outreach Team in Bankstown
The Assertive Outreach Team provide recovery oriented and strengths focused intervention to individuals suffering from severe and persistent mental illness.
The team works on a 7 day rotating roster utilizing a Flexible Assertive Community Treatment model for consumers and carers.
This position is suited to clinicians who enjoy working within a supportive environment, are willing to learn and who are seeking full time shift work across the following hours: 8.30am – 5pm, 10am – 6.30pm and 2pm – 10.30pm.
You will be based at Bankstown, however future opportunities may also present at Liverpool, Ingleburn, Campbelltown, Ambarvale, Fairfield, Bowral and Wollondilly based mental health services.
The CMH Team are committed to providing a supportive environment where staff are empowered to achieve their full potential.
How to Apply
To be considered for this position, please ensure you address the selection criteria as thoroughly as possible.
- Relevant qualifications as a Registered Nurse, Occupational Therapist or Psychologist currently registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA), or qualified Social Worker eligible for registration with the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW), or CSU Graduates: Bachelor of Health Science (Mental Health).
- Please provide a detailed description of your interest and motivation in applying for this role, highlighting your relevant skills & experience in providing assessment and treatment for consumers of the mental health service.
Using an example, describe a time where you have had to work as part of a team to solve a problem. Outline the communication skills used and how you ensured the problem would not occur again.
- Current unrestricted Australian drivers licence (P2 Licence Acceptable) subject to obtaining NSW drivers licence within 3 months of appointment.
Stepping Up – Close the Gap
Stepping Up aims to assist Aboriginal applicants understand how to apply for roles with NSW Health by clarifying the recruitment and onboarding process. If you are an Aboriginal person and wish to obtain more information about applying for a role within South Western Sydney Local Health District, please contact the SWSLHD Aboriginal Workforce Team on [email protected]