Community Strengthening Facilitator (Women)
- Make a real difference to the local community
- Full Time role
- Salary Packaging Options
We currently have x1 Community Strengthening Facilitator (Women) role in our Community Strengthening team. This position is based in the Community Strengthening Team. The Community Strengthening Team is responsible of creating safe spaces for the whole of community to connect through Culture, Spirit and Supports. The team’s priority is to ensure community are: connected, supported in their healing journey, self-determining of their supports and needs, and feel safe to access Wathaurong’s services and programs.
This is a new initiative which will enhance the integrated family violence service system in the Barwon region. This position will walk alongside Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community.
The successful candidate will have:
- Identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander.
- Be known to and respected in the community.
- Sound knowledge of Aboriginal Culture, issues affecting Aboriginal people, and Aboriginal Service Sector.
- Hold, be working towards or be willing to commence, a Graduate Certificate of Family Violence (with the support of Wathaurong)
- Demonstrated understanding of social, physical, economical, and cultural strengths and challenges affecting Aboriginal communities and their ability to access adequate and quality services.
- Understanding of the purpose and expectations of the Victorian Child Safe Standards and demonstrated commitment to contributing to a child safe organisation in both practice and culture.
- Demonstrated experience working with Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisations
- Lived experience of family violence who have the above qualifications and attributes will be encouraged to apply
- Have experience or interest in working with Aboriginal community members impacted by family violence
- Have experience and expertise in working with men affected by family violence
- A commitment to the family centred approach and the family strengthening and empowerment models of practice
- An understanding of the MARAM (Multi-Agency Risk Assessment and Management) framework, the Family Violence Act (2008) and the Child Youth and Family Act (2005)
- Computer literacy
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to develop positive stakeholder relationships and communicate with diverse individuals in a culturally appropriate manner
- Strong written communication skills including a high level of accuracy, record keeping, and report writing abilities
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively as part of a team and follow processes
Knowledge of safe and appropriate culturally centred practices for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander focused services, including employment of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.
*A police check, Working with Children Check, Vaccination Certificate and current Driver License are required for all positions.
Please visit our website for further information: www.wathaurong.org.au
How to Apply
A Position Description can be viewed on our website at: http://www.wathaurong.org.au/careers-with-us/
Applications and enquiries should be sent via SEEK or emailed to [email protected]
Applications close on Friday 22 September 2023.