- Rewarding clinical role with a mental health focus
- Option to work from any of our locations across QLD, VIC or TAS
- Join us in supporting individuals to live a fulfilling and meaningful life in their own community!
About this opportunity
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of Australia’s largest community mental health and disability providers, helping to lead quality clinical care across the organisation.
As our Complex Needs Clinical Care Consultant, you will be working alongside colleagues across the eastern seaboard, providing clinical oversight, guidance and a specialised focus on working with participants in the community who may have an acquired brain injury; intellectual disability or mental health diagnosis which requires high quality, attuned support from our teams.
To achieve this, this role will see you undertaking complex needs assessments, providing tailored training to teams and working closely with specialist services and supports to ensure holistic support, whilst also informing and guiding organisational clinical practice nation-wide.
As this role will be providing support for Wellways programs across the eastern seaboard, the support provided will be a hybrid arrangement of in person and remote support drawing upon telehealth wherever possible. Where in person support is best, you will be asked to undertake travel within the area of responsibility, to ensure participants are supported to live a safe, fulfilling and meaningful life in the community and teams feel supported and heard.
To be successful in this role, you will possess the following:
- Demonstrated understanding of therapeutic principles related to person centered care and mental health, including early intervention, trauma informed care, strengths focused, holding hope, personal recovery, and culturally sensitive practices.
- Well-developed assessment skills
- Proven understanding of competency-based training in clinical care
- High level knowledge and extensive experience in nursing homes/ hospitals or providing care in a community setting
- Bachelor’s degree qualifications in Nursing, Psychology, Social Work, Occupational Therapy, Mental Health Nursing or related
- Current registration with the professional body relevant to qualification
- Demonstrated experience/knowledge in working with community services industry
- Right to Work within Australia
- Current valid Driver License and the ability to undertake regular travel
- Current or willingness to obtain Police Records Check, Working with Children Check, NDIS Worker Screening Check, LCS2 and QLD Blue Card
- NDIS Worker Orientation Module Certificate is mandatory prior to commencement
- Evidence of COVID booster vaccination or valid medical exemption
- Post graduate qualifications and/or experience related to positive behaviour support, applied behaviour analysis or a related field will be highly regarded
- Ability to participate in out of hours activities as required to undertake the role
Wellways is committed to reconciliation, lived experience and inclusivity. We strongly encourage and warmly welcome people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities, people with a lived experience of mental health and disability and people who identify as LGBTIQA+ to apply. Even if you only meet some of the criteria, we’d love to hear from you.
Please visit the Wellways Careers site for a copy of the position description to see further details relating to this role.
Wellways connects people, strengthens families, and transforms communities for individuals of all ages experiencing disabilities or challenges to their social and emotional wellbeing. A leading for purpose mental health and disability support organisation operating nationally, our services span mental health, disability and community care and reach more than 7000 people each year!
Working with a diverse range of people, Wellways creates an inclusive community where everyone can imagine and achieve their hopes and potential.
What we offer
- A purpose driven culture where people can thrive, everyone is respected, and differences are valued
- An equitable, diverse, and socially inclusive work environment
- Salary packaging up to $15,899 enables you to spend a portion of your salary before it is taxed to pay for things like rent, mortgage repayments, car leasing
- Meal and Entertainment allowance via salary packaging up to $2,650 per annum
- Receive 17.5% leave loading every time you take annual leave
- Paid parental leave after 12 months of ongoing employment
- Access for you and your family to our Employee Assistance Program
For a confidential discussion about the role, we encourage you to contact Nicole Lodi, Clinical Lead on 0422 868 676.
Applications close 23rd August 2023
Wellways is committed to the health and safety of its employees and participants and addressing risks of COVID-19 in the workplace. Wellways requires that all workers be fully vaccinated with an approved COVID-19 vaccination before commencing employment. Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of COVID-19 vaccination or valid medical exemption.
Wellways is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people. Successful applicants must undergo a comprehensive screening process prior to their commencement.