About Monash Health
Monash Health is Victoria’s largest public health service. We are proud to provide healthcare to one quarter of Melbourne’s population, across the entire life-span from newborn and children, to adults, the elderly, their families and carers. More than 18,000 employees work at over 40 care locations across south eastern Melbourne, including Monash Medical Centre, Monash Children’s Hospital, Moorabbin Hospital, Dandenong Hospital, Casey Hospital, Kingston Centre, Cranbourne Centre, and an extensive network of rehabilitation, aged care, community health and mental health facilities. For more information please visit www.monashhealth.org.
About Monash Doctors
There are more than 1500 Junior Medical staff positions at Monash Health in over 200 medical specialties, to support your work as a senior doctor and help grow your career. We offer unparalleled opportunities in Victoria’s largest & most clinically diverse teaching health service.
About the Mental Health Program and the Position on Offer
The Mental health program (MHP) at Monash Health is the largest public mental health service in Victoria and uniquely provides individualised, client centred care across the life span (antenatal to older adults) to patients and their families aiming to improve mental health and well-being. Teams at the MHP are multidisciplinary in nature. The consultant psychiatrist will provide medical leadership at team level and support & assist the Head of the Adult Psychiatry Unit in the provision of high-quality & safe psychiatry services, consistent with the Monash Health values.
The MHP has more than 75 FTE of trainee registrars (and 35 prevocational HMOs) making the MHP the largest teaching centre in Victoria.
About the Role
To support and assist the Unit Director of Adult Psychiatry, Monash Health, in the provision of high quality psychiatric services at Monash Health sites, consistent with the Monash Health values:
- Medical model of care at Monash Health is “consultant led”. Consultants are at the forefront of care provision and lead by example and provide clinical leadership through active involvement in patient care
- Be available to medical colleagues for consultation and liaison as appropriate regarding patient care
- Be immediately available for urgent consultation and assistance in the management of clinically deteriorating patients
- Support the Mental Health Program outreach services within Monash Health
- Contribute to the professional and corporate life of Monash Health by participation in appropriate committees and forums
- Contribute to ongoing service improvement and clinical and workforce innovation to ensure Monash Health provides high quality accessible Psychiatry Services within allocated resources and meets the needs of Monash Health patients
- Participate and contribute to the Department’s teaching program across undergraduate, medicine and post-graduate courses.
- Supervise and mentor students and junior colleagues in research and teaching activities.
We welcome applications from late stage senior registrars who expect to obtain Fellowship in the next 2 – 3 months.
What we offer:
- Salary packaging
- Onsite discounted staff parking
- Discounted banking (BankVic)
- Onsite Gym
- Access to professional development courses and seminars
What you need:
- Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Appropriate health professional tertiary qualifications
- Fellowship of the RANZCP or equivalent and Advanced Training Certificate where required
- Working with Children’s Certificate
How to Apply
Monash Health recognises the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to patient safety and promoting fairness, equity and diversity in the workplace. At Monash Health we are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and work to our six guiding principles.
Applications will only be accepted via the Monash Health online Mercury System only. Email applications will not be considered.
Offers of employment can only be made once all required probity checks have been completed. These include:
- reference checks
- a clear Police Check conducted within the last three months
- a current Victorian Employee Working with Children’s Check (or proof of payment for same)
- proof of immunisation.
Under the Victorian Public Health orders, all employees working within the Public Health system must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and Influenza and are required to provide acceptable evidence of their vaccination status. The current orders require evidence of three doses for COVID-19.
All applicants to positions with Monash Health will need to upload acceptable evidence of full vaccination against COVID-19 and Influenza as part of their application. Acceptable evidence is a copy of your Immunisation History Statement which can be accessed via myGov. Offers of employment will only be made to candidates who can provide evidence that they meet full vaccination status.