Welcome to St John of God Health Care
St John of God Health Care is one of the largest private providers of health care services in Australia, employing more than 16,000 employees (caregivers). We operate 27 hospitals and services comprising more than 3,500 hospital beds, including home nursing, disability services and social outreach programs.
With over 127 years’ experience in health care, we have an excellent reputation as a caring, nurturing and supportive employer. Learning is highly valued and there are many opportunities for professional development.
St John of God Social Outreach, Raphael Services operates from twelve (12) locations across Western Australia, Victoria and New South Wales to support individuals and families who are affected by mental health issues from pregnancy up until the child is four years of age. Services are provided at low or no cost to all clients who can be referred from any part of the community.
We have an opportunity for a perinatal and infant Psychiatrist to join the team located in Richmond on a permanent contract working 15.2 hours a fortnight.
Our Raphael Psychiatrists provide comprehensive psychiatric care to women and their families during the perinatal period up until the index child is four years of age.
The successful candidate will play an important role in the development of a community-based mental health service that will positively impact the lives of parents and families in need within the local community.
The successful candidate will have:
- Ability to work within and contribute to the Mission and Values of St John of God Health Care
- Current Specialist registration with the Medical Board of Australia (AHPRA)
- Fellowship with the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists
- Specialist training and experience in perinatal and infant mental health
- Demonstrated clinical skills in mental health including ability to provide supervision, secondary specialist liaison and consultation
- High level written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively within a multidisciplinary team
We can offer you the following:
- Highly competitive salary & conditions ($300,000 to $400,000 base salary plus super per annum, pro rata for part time)
- Generous salary packaging options
- Up to $15,900 on a range of benefits such as mortgage, your rent, or other everyday living expenses
- Up to $2650 on meal entertainment, holiday accommodation and venue hire
- Access to novated leasing to use pre-tax dollars for a car and expenses
- Paid Parental leave 10 weeks full pay
- A healthy work-life balance through flexible work options, additional purchased leave & well-being programs
- Employee discount on St John of God Hospital & Medical Services and Private Health Insurance
- Employee support through our dedicated free Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Innovative Professional Development opportunities
- Access to a range of Lifestyle, Health & Wellbeing rewards & discounts
- Opportunities for post-graduate course support
- Dynamic multidisciplinary team
All applicants must address the Selection Criteria (as detailed on the last page of the Position Description) available via this link > Consultant Psychiatrist
St John of God Social Outreach is committed to providing a safe environment for all children and vulnerable people in its care and proactively takes measures to protect children/vulnerable people from abuse.
St John of God Health Care embraces diversity and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people with disabilities. We are committed to providing a safe environment for all children and vulnerable people in our care and proactively take measures to protect children/vulnerable people from abuse.
All caregivers employed by St John of God Healthcare are required to be vaccinated from Covid-19 in order to fulfil the requirements of the role.
For enquiries regarding this position, please contact Janet Foggin, Manager of Raphael Services, VIC on Ph: 0468 471 964